Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 06-27-2011, 08:53 AM   #1
hayadam

leaky shower in Cougar 280BHSWE

Water from shower is leaking down inside of wall into storage compartment below. Has anyone had this issue, or know of a fix?
hayadam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 09:11 AM   #2
hankpage
Site Team

Welcome to the forum. Some people have found that there was some caulking missing from the shower surround. Are you sure it is coming from the shower base or from the supply connections being loose. These connections can be seen through an access panel behind the shower or in the storage area. Trailers flex a lot and drain traps and the putty sealing the shower pan to the strainer can be the source of a leak also. I'm not sure I helped at all but maybe if you are more specific as to where and when it leaks someone here can help you. Hank
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 09:26 AM   #3
hayadam

leaky shower

Hank,

Thanks for the quick reply. I caulked the wall and pan again to make sure that wasn't the problem. The leak is following the aluminum frame in the storage compartment when the shower is running.
Old 06-27-2011, 09:32 AM   #4
hankpage
Site Team

Behind your shower faucet there is an access panel. (mine is behind the tv) Open that panel and check for leaks there. The connections are only hand tight. Let us know what you find., Hank
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 11:16 AM   #5
hayadam

leaky shower

Thanks,

I will check when I get off work tonight, and let you know.
Old 06-27-2011, 06:24 PM   #6
hayadam

leaky shwoer

Didn't have an access panel, but I removed the faucet fixture to access the connectors. The connections were attached properly, and tight. I added silicone in some spots around the outside wall of the shower. We'll see tomorrow if that worked.