Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 11-17-2017, 02:07 PM   #1
mikz86ta

Fresh Tank Overflow Help

Ok, start off info : 2016 Fuzion 5er FZ420. We full time live for now at same spot. We are hooked up to City / Park water and I have a regulator with gauge at spickot. We have the system that has the Power Fill switch in the connection hatch door to fill tanks while on City hookup. We also have a separate small door with a Gravity Feed and Overfill tube.

The fresh tank I have used here and there during outages. We typically kept it full which is how it was when we took delivery. I did drain it down some once with the quick dump underneath the coach. But otherwise we are always on city water.

Last night I got home from work (12:30am) and took the pup for a walk. When I returned, I noticed a dripping sound. I guess I didn't think about it when I got home since the AC was on and the roof drip was also going on. I looked under the coach and it was a small lake. We are on a solid pad. I traced the source to the small door used for gravity feed and overflow tube. The stream was steady. I guess about an hour.
I messed with the Power Fill switch and got it to start pouring out. Even with that on the actual Gravity tube started to dribble as well. So I was sure that Power Fill works. Put back to normal and checked my heater and pump switches inside. I opened the dump underneath and let some drain out. But my inside level gauge panel still read full. Those never worked right anyways.
This morning, which for me is 11:30am I woke and checked it. Again it was dripping out the overfill tube and I had a small lake.
I dumped alot more water for the time being to get it to stop. And started my research. I find most issues I see posted are not in relation to a coach with the Power Fill.
But one thing I did try... I cycled the Power Fill switch a few times. I turned off the City water supply. And released the line pressure. I cycles the Power Fill switch again basically a day fire. Then returned to City water pressure on.
Since I previously dumped a good amount of water inside the tank, I won't know until later if I fixed it. Hoping the valve had debris or just sticks.

If anyone has any info, experience, input, ideas....please assist I have to pull apart the understorage walls to see back there tomorrow. Hope if anything it's valve not pump. But there is a local place here that stocks alot of parts.
mikz86ta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 03:20 PM   #2
Javi

Check valve in water pump is most likely leaking allowing the city water to back flow into the FW tank... not really all that uncommon.

Solution, take the pump apart and clean or replace the check valve..
Old 11-17-2017, 03:26 PM   #3
mikz86ta

Ok thanks. I believe it's a ShurFlow unit. Seen a manual that came with the coach.
Old 11-17-2017, 03:35 PM   #4
JRTJH
Site Team

You'll probably find that your "problem" is much the same as described in this thread: http://www.keystoneforums.com/forums...ad.php?t=30898

Orings have a "nasty habit" of leaking. I've found that synthetic "food grade" silicone grease is a "necessary part of my plumbing tool kit"... https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 I use it everywhere from faucet stems to water softener valves to "trailer junk"......

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 04:07 PM   #5
mikz86ta

Cool thanks!
Old 11-18-2017, 03:56 PM   #6
MBD

I had the same problem - didn't really want to rebuild or replace the water pump. Installed a check valve in the PEX water line. Very easy compared to removing the water pump, and tearing it down and putting back together.
MBD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 04:54 PM   #7
Alpine

Put this in the water line between the fresh water holding tank and the water pump... in the right direction of course, according to the arrows on the check valve.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/SharkBit...FdSIYgodnPUL0g
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sharkbite-check-valves-u2008-0000lfa-64_1000.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	54.1 KB
ID:	14624  

Jeff & Jan - Retired & Full-timing since 2013
2019 Ram Big Horn 3500 Aisin 4x4
2012 Alpine 3450-RL
Double Coin 235/75R-17.5/16 J rated 125lb
Alpine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 07:48 PM   #8
mikz86ta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine View Post
Put this in the water line between the fresh water holding tank and the water pump... in the right direction of course, according to the arrows on the check valve.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/SharkBit...FdSIYgodnPUL0g

Which side to what? Arrow to pump or away from pump?
Old 11-20-2017, 07:49 PM   #9
mikz86ta

The good news is since I did the turn off city, cycle the valve and pump and restored the city water pressure, no issue. Happy about that!
Old 11-20-2017, 08:04 PM   #10
Alpine

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikz86ta View Post
Which side to what? Arrow to pump or away from pump?
Arrow towards the pump. You will be drawing water from the fresh holding tank to the water pump.

Jeff & Jan - Retired & Full-timing since 2013
2019 Ram Big Horn 3500 Aisin 4x4
2012 Alpine 3450-RL
Double Coin 235/75R-17.5/16 J rated 125lb
Alpine is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tank