Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 03-23-2016, 11:31 AM   #1
sgreene63

Alpine 3536RE

Just wondering if anyone had any first hand knowledge of the Alpine 3536RE floorplan. We are considering purchasing this RV and notice the slide outs are somewhat different than traditional floor plans. Any issues with kitchen counter or bedroom door?

Thanks.
sgreene63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 01:47 PM   #2
Pull Toy

Our '13 RE3535 is the identical floor plan, but no residential fridge. Love the layout! Kitchen works fine.

My better half calls the stairway her "Gone With The Wind" moment. (as opposed to the "Orient Express" feel of most 5'er bedrooms, with the alley.)

Bedroom door works, but would be better as a pocket door in MHO. Only have to secure it in open position when bringing in the sides.

Pull Toy

Steve & Jan, Ava & Emma (Mini Schnauzers):
2016 F350 Lariat 4X4 Powerstroke CC/SB "PULLTOY V"
2013 Alpine 3535RE "MAGIC CARPET IV"
Proud Navy Vet!
Pull Toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 05:14 AM   #3
sgreene63

Thanks for the information. I assume there have been no water leaks under the galley slide out?
sgreene63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 01:07 AM   #4
kimbashaw

I have a 2013 Alpine 3535. I have had 2 instances of leaks. It was near the dining room table area. I think it was probably due to the rubber gaskets not sealing properly when closing. Maybe due to me pausing the closing process and then restarting. I just double check seals now and have not had any issues.
Old 04-03-2016, 04:25 PM   #5
rbev2308

I have the 2014 3535RE..Basically same model minus the residential thread. The door issue in bedroom is more for looks. I agree with others. Should have been a pocket door as it lets too much light in for me and you must ensure its latched in open position before closing the slide. I have only had one minor leak which was at the dining room table area which I attributed to the rubber seal not properly out when opened and possibly camper a little off level cause it was at home and my auto leveling jacks were not out. Only other recommendation on this unit is to brace a pillow or something between the island and oven as the bottom drawer came open on one trip even with a child latch and kept bouncing off the island so much that it flaked the paint off. I personally love the floor plan for one simple reason..Two opposing slides make it 14 feet wide...With that comes a lot of windows which hurts when it comes to comfort in the AC arena.
US Navy Retired Master Chief Petty Officer
Gryphon the 240lb American Mastiff
rbev2308 is offline   Reply With Quote