Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 07-19-2013, 04:29 AM   #1
cougarpelt

Cougar Xlite Landing Gear Stability

I have a LOT of side-to-side movement in the landing gear area of my XLite 28sgs. I purchased BAL 23216 Lock-Arm Stabilizing Bars having seen the improvement on youtube streams.
BUT where is there enough metal to attach between the landing gear. the 28sgs has a recessed Storage bin between the landing gear the floor of which is thin metal; Not enough strength there ... and the entire underbody is covered so I can't see where the "beef" is to attach to without cutting;
Has anybody installed this system on a 28sgs and can give me directions before I destroy the underbody seal?
thanks
Ches
cougarpelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 04:40 AM   #2
rrohrer

I bought jt's for mine. same concept. I can see my frame despite the undercover. I would say if you can't find your attatch point, pull a couple screws off the bottom cover and see what's in there. Pull it back a little. Also, maybe they have a tech assist number. I ended up needing a bracket kit for mine- not clear in the instructions. And JT had a real helpful tech line. I felt wierd calling cause I thought I should have been able to figure it out, but they were real helpful. And you pay enough for these products. Their assistance is part of the package!
Old 07-19-2013, 04:43 AM   #3
rrohrer

I haven't finished my install, but plan was to drive the bolts throught the underlay into the frame. It's just a thin piec of cardboard. i wasnt going to cut mine.
Old 07-20-2013, 12:40 PM   #4
edstep

Question

Just wondering if you put chocks in the front so that you dont need to extend the landing gear so much??
edstep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 01:00 PM   #5
cougarpelt

Yes, I use a 4x4 piece of wood for better footprint under the landing gear. They still stick out enough that the side to side movement wakes the other one up whenever one gets up.
cougarpelt is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bal lockarm stabilizer