Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 05-26-2013, 03:55 PM   #1
vibetech1

Montana 3900FB

We took delivery of our 2014 Montana 3900FB 5/22/13. Camping world had her detailed and ready to go. As expected there were a couple issues. Here are a few highlights. The outside was beautiful. The only thing i noticed were a couple of fender screws missing. No biggie. CW replaced. Everything else looked great. We had ordered the Mocha interior and when we walked inside there was no mocha to be found. After speaking with CW they indicated that for 2014 Mocha was out and Copper Patina was in. Apparently Copper Patina is the new Mocha. The colors were still brownish which is what we were looking for with the Mocha. After allowing time for it to sink in we decided the Copper Patina would be fine. I later went to Keystones web-site and noticed Mocha was still available. I also noticed the Copper Patina they had on their web-site looked completely different than what was in our rv. Just be aware if you are thinking of ordering a 2014 have the dealer verify with Keystone if the colors you want are still available. This kind of goes along with the exterior color we chose. Initially while researching the Big Sky package we decided the full body paint was what we wanted. There are a couple review web-sites that show the 3900FB with last years paint scheme with the white front cap. We loved it. The problem was I couldn't find it on any 2013's that were for sale on line. I called Keystone and they told me they switched to a black front cap beginning in the middle of 2012. I'm really glad I called. We stayed with the white gel-coat finish. Again if you are going to spend big bucks on a new rig make sure you verify EVERYTHING with the manufacture before you place your order. Regarding the interior CW told us sometimes Keystone will make line changes and not immediately share the information with them (like our interior color) so be diligent in verifying you order is correct. I cant think of anything worse than spending $70.000.00 on a new rv and having to settle on certain items. Another item was the central vac was basically just setting in it's mounting hole and had never been properly installed. That was taken care of as well. One last thing was the ladder chair we ordered was missing. CW ordered it and should be here soon. This is our 3rd rv so we expected issues but knew they would be taken care of. All in all we were very happy with the fit and finish and are excited for her maiden voyage. The leather chairs were actually nicer than the 2013s. They have a higher back and are way more comfortable. Our daughter has already claimed the 1/2 bath (as expected). I got to take it home set it up and play with it for 3 days before having to put it in storage. We just love it and are excited to begin making memories with family and friends. One last comment. For those who may be interested we ordered this coach with EVERY available option including generator, 2nd a/c, toppers etc. With all options the dry weight was 13400#s.
vibetech1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 06:03 PM   #2
SoGaDually

Congrad's on the new camper!
We had the same deal with Camping World when we bought Montana. It was clean and pretty, but nothing on our walk through list was done. It made for a very long day.....
As for Keystone, we had the same issue with our last camper. We ordered it and it can in with a different bedroom floor plan then what we ordered. It does no good to verify what you order. In the small print on the order form and in all of their hand out it states in so many words, that Keystone has the right to make any changes. Best thing to do is place you order and pray you get what you ordered....It's sad that it happens that way.....
"Still Tree Hugger Friendly"
https://i653.photobucket.com/albums/u...46290d167a.jpg
SoGaDually is offline   Reply With Quote