Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 05-16-2013, 11:19 AM   #1
bcsjbaylor

Problem with black/gray tank sensor panel

I have a Challenger 34SAQ fifth wheel that has a console mounted on the wall to display the fill levels in the holding tanks. Apparently, I have one black tank and two gray tanks. This worked fine last year, but for some reason when I press the button this year...nothing. I thought it was a blown fuse, but checked all the fuses and breakers in the main panel and they were all fine.

I still think it's a fuse somewhere, so if anyone has a trailer like this, or something similar, can you please offer any advise as to where that fuse may be? Everything else in the trailer seems to work, near as I can tell.

(FYI - I had a water leak that turned out to be from the outdoor shower. The whole inside area behind the shower got wet, but when I fixed that I don't remember seeing a fuse in there.)

Thanks to anyone that can help!
bcsjbaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 12:07 PM   #2
SAABDOCTOR

ok here comes the question.. how is the battery? charged or dead? do all other 12 volt lights work? if all is good. you can remove the pannel and careully check for power and ground at the pannel if that is good the pannel is not. if now power then you have an issue.pull the fuses and eyebsll them closly to see if one is popped. we will go from there good luck.
2 RESCUE PUPS: SUSITNA AND CRYSTAL. RIP ALYESKA!
SAABDOCTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 12:16 PM   #3
bcsjbaylor

OK...answers to your questions:
1) Battery is brand new. All other 12 volt things work...slides, front landing gear, all lights, etc. Plus, the trailer is plugged into 30amp power.
2) I pulled all of the 15amp fuses last night, checked all, and firmly reseated. All fuses were fine, so I did not replace.
3) All 120v breakers were OK, none tripped.

I will remove the panel tonight and check for power there. I'll let you know what happens.
bcsjbaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 08:15 AM   #4
TDF5G

Did you get you're problem solved?

I just repaired my KIB monitor system this week. I can share my experience if you need more help.
TDF5G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 05:42 AM   #5
nano

Keystone is having issues with their control panels. http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/showthread.php?t=11756