Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 04-06-2013, 04:18 PM   #1
jmffmj

26sab air conditioner problems

2012 26sab. After air Cond. has been running for awhile it will suddenly shut off including the tv, microwave, and some plug outlets.
refridge, and overhead lights, radio and stove fan all continue to function.

After a few minutes Air Cond. will start up again along with the tv and microwave. No circuit breakers were tripped and I can't find anything wrong with the wiring that I can detect. Anyone have any ideas what is going on with this thing?

Jim
jmffmj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 05:09 PM   #2
laidback

Sounds like you have an auto reset breaker, or some kind of electric manage sysytem in your unit. The progressive unit will shut your 110 v if voltage drops or raise's then turn it back on when voltage return' to normal.
Old 04-06-2013, 06:49 PM   #3
JRTJH
Site Team

jmffmj,

You didn't say what power source you were using when this happened. Were you on 30Amp power or a 15Amp circuit? Most circuit breakers in RV's are not autoreset, so it should stay off if it goes off. I'm perplexed that the microwave, AC, outlets all go off then come back on. That sounds like it's not in the RV but rather an issue with the power coming into the RV. Where are you hooked up and how reliable is that source?

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 08:20 PM   #4
jmffmj

thanks

I have a 30amp power meter at the power box and my cable is plugged into it.
It measures the voltage both under and over and the amperage. It's a safety device to prevent burning out the electric in the RV. I think it sensed a voltage drop due to the power demands here in Palm Springs ( hot) and the use of air conditioners around the city. Maybe a brownout happened and it shut off some systems. At least that what I think.
I appreciate your getting back to me with the suggestion of what happened.

Jim
Old 04-06-2013, 08:28 PM   #5
jmffmj

I'm plugged into a 30 amp with a power meter that controls voltage and amperage.
I bet it sensed a power drop and shut off some systems to prevent burning out the electrical in the rv. Thanks for the suggestions, got me thinking out of the box for once.

Jim