Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 07-27-2013, 01:40 PM   #1
LZScout

2013 Alpine 3250RL Discoveries

I've spent quite a bit of time this past week working on our new 2013 Alpine 3250RL. Even with our steeper than average driveway, I was able to back it in without scraping anything and parked it where we could level it (7.5" of blocks under the landing gear) and plug it in to the new 50 amp RV outlet I ran from the 50 amp sub-panel in the garage.

We've had the RV out on two trips so far. A few repairs and mods were piling up so I got busy this week. The black tank valve seems to seep when closed. Screws were stripped out and not holding on some of the slam latch doors. The bedroom TV had reception, then no reception. Some frame supports were bent during construction.

I decided to really start crawling around the unit and see what else there was. The latches, I fixed. The TV issue was traced to a broken connection in the Wineguard amplifier in the bedroom closet ceiling. At least I think it's fixed. I still don't understand the wiring for cable vs satellite vs OTA.

The seeping valve required dropping the underbelly. Crawling underneath, I couldn't believe how badly everything on the frame and slide tracks is rusted! Dropped the underbelly near the tanks and found a lot of construction debris and next to no insulation around the tanks. The area on top of the underbelly was wet and some of the insulation was wet too. I looked up at the gas line that runs across the RV and was able to push it up several inches. It seemed to be bolted just to the underbelly material, not any solid framing. At that point, I'd had enough and reinstalled the underbelly. I made a full list of what I found needed fixing and called my dealer, Noble RV of Owatonna, MN. They asked me to bring it in the next day and assured me they would have it ready for my next trip in August.

I do love what Keystone has designed. It is a shame that they drop the ball during construction. I can't believe they take much pride in their work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2012 F-350 SRW Lariat Supercrew 4X4 6.7L Diesel
2013 Keystone Alpine 3250RL
LZScout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 04:14 PM   #2
Bluewater

I'm sure we all would be glad to pay another couple hundred dollars to be sure our rigs were all put together with care rather than profit in mind.
Bluewater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 10:41 AM   #3
geo

LZScout -

You might be interested in some of the posts I made concerning the Alpine underbelly, along with posted pictures, in the Mods and Repairs sections. Do a search on the postings from geo, there are quite a few of them.

Ron
Diesel 4x4, DRW, LB, CC
Comfort Ride Hitch
geo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 08:27 PM   #4
LZScout

Thanks Ron, I'll be sure to go that.

Old 07-30-2013, 11:38 AM   #5
pressure_welder

i am encountering the same sort of craftsmanship on our brand new 2013 Laredo, last night i spent 3 hrs on my back in the main storage compartment re-doing a bunch of plumbing that was causing alot of issues. Funny how you spend 40,000$+ and then throw your gloves on to repair things properly yourself. I dont know about you guys, but i DESPISE hooking up and taking the camper to the dealer for issues.... big ones are fine, but tons of little piddly crap is just not worth the headache
pressure_welder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 01:11 PM   #6
LZScout

I agree. Dealer is 50 miles away, time and gas to haul the 5ver makes it a no brainer to take care of the small stuff yourself. Plus I always find something to buy at the dealers accessory store so it costs me even more $$.

Old 08-01-2013, 10:54 AM   #7
LittleReata

Another Alpine problem

Just read the information on belly/plumbing problems. I have 2012 Alpine 3555 RL. Have had several conversations with Keystone customer service, and am still an unhappy camper. I purchased in Feb 2012 and first time out had problem with stove, holding tank table, and a curtain issue. Dealer fixed all problems as they were under warranty. Now almost 18 months since purchases, am in Big Horn mountains with another major problem. My black tank developed a leak around the intake port and filled the underbelly. I was on road and when I first noticed, pulled into campground to check and maybe fix. Had to drop mat of underbelly too found that Keystone had used it for a trash bin during reconstruction--two insulation wrappers, over 30 feet of blue and white electrical wires, and busted crimping tools. Anyway, finished dropping underbelly matting to clean out and trace leak. Found leak around the intake port, have tried a variety of sealers but still not luck. Still have the leak. Have called Keystone and am told that it has to be diagnosed by a Keystone tech at nearest dealer--am 70 miles from nearest dealer. Contacted dealer and was told that Keystone had 6 different tanks that match my model--they need to see to determine right one, order time is 7-10 days, cant get repair appt for three weeks...so here I sit draining buckets. My issue is that Keystone rep basically told me that I don't know what a leak looks like as they are the experts. I don't have to be a medical doctor to know that I have a broken leg. When I get home, I will take it to my local dealer, get it fixed, and sell it. Never will buy a Keystone product again....mostly because their customer service sucks!!
LittleReata is offline   Reply With Quote