Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 04-21-2013, 08:09 PM   #1
Jim Dow

Motion Sensor Step/Stair Light Mod

Montana High Country 2011: This weekend I added a motion/light sensor battery operated LED light along side the steps/stairs leading up from the entry/kitchen area to the bedroom. I consider this to be a safety mod. At a minimum it provides a warning that I (or my wife_) am approaching the stairs; and I should consider turning on the lights when I am going to the refrigerator for a snack in the middle of the night.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	StepLight.jpg
Views:	301
Size:	94.5 KB
ID:	2856  
Jim Dow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 05:58 AM   #2
Comptech

Nice, may I ask where you purchased it from....?

2012 Cougar 330RBK
GVWR 12,265
2004 Ford F-350
Comptech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 10:00 AM   #3
mikell

Thats cute I know they make them to scare animals away but never thought of one indoors
mikell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 01:09 PM   #4
jje1960

Angry Motion Lights

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Dow View Post
Montana High Country 2011: This weekend I added a motion/light sensor battery operated LED light along side the steps/stairs leading up from the entry/kitchen area to the bedroom. I consider this to be a safety mod. At a minimum it provides a warning that I (or my wife_) am approaching the stairs; and I should consider turning on the lights when I am going to the refrigerator for a snack in the middle of the night.
Very nice. We also have them, ours go outside under the stairs on both front and back. They are great for approaching the stairs, both us entering and those pesky kids looking for beer in coolers!
jje1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 02:12 PM   #5
webslave

I put one (LED light on motion detector) over our "switch panel". There are times when we come in after dark or I want to turn something on without having to turn the overheads on to see what I'm doing at the panel and it helps illuminate the switches (the nifty "Cougar" night light does nothing for illuminating the switches). I orignially found them when I installed lights on my gunsafe. They had a nifty little battery powered LED light with a motion sensor to light up the combination dial. I got a couple of extras and put one over the switch panel. We come in the door, it lights up the panel. I walk over to the panel from inside and it lights up the panel without disturbing anyone. I put another one by the steps and mounted it low to just illuminate the steps. The reason I like these is they are reasonably flat (don't stick out far) and they shine their light down instead of out. Depending on what you want to illuminate, that could be a drawback, but, for illuminating the panel and the steps they do the job for us.

http://www.lightmysafe.com/

I've gotten a lot of stuff from them. Started buying when the guy was just getting started. Good quality and prices and he ships pretty quick.

Don
Bronwyn
2 Cats; J-Lo and Ragamuffin

2011 Keystone Cougar 318SAB
2011 Ram 2500 Longhorn CTD HO
Built in brake controller and exhaust brake
Tri Glide TrailAir Pinbox / B&W Companion Hitch
webslave is offline   Reply With Quote