Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 05-08-2011, 01:08 PM   #1
Houndie Dog

How do you like the 3750FL ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmoore1 View Post
Hey Smitty, We have a 3500 Chevy Duramax and it tows it no problem.
We have been looking at a 3750FL, thinking of trading our 2011 326MKS....(the 326MKS is awesome, wife just likes the front lounge on the 3750.)
How do you like your 3750? anything you regret or don't like? anything that you really like over other RV's? It appears there is less storage than our 326MKS............
Thanks,
Grant
Hensly TS3 trailer-saver hitch
KVH TracVision R4SL
3 Basset Hounds "Lucy, Ethel, & Fred"
https://i809.photobucket.com/albums/z...vado/coach.jpg
Houndie Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 04:57 PM   #2
canadian

we purchase new 2010 and did not tow it much, maybe 1000 miles , tows reasonable good with f350 single wheel but probably would be better with dually, a few waranty issues ie recalls on fridge and flexing in frame which will be fixed , lived in it for about 3 months and no other negative comments yet . layout works great , would think if bathroom could be separated from rest of trailer would be better . if have others in trailer and in master bedroom need to stay their until bathroom free . lots of storage.
canadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 05:35 PM   #3
Handysam

Daaang Houndie,going to make the jump so soon? Of course if we had the dually, we would've already had it.
Old 05-13-2011, 09:43 AM   #4
hsmunoz

I looked long and hard at this model. I loved the innovative layout. But I could not get the wife to let go of the need for two recliners. You can't put them in either because the tracks for the slides in the front of the 5th are under those couches. I caved and we went with an Alpine 3500. Love this layout but still secretly dream of the 3750.

only things that I did not like were ,
-the shower head is acutally lower than other units even though the ceiling is higher.
-minimal basement storage compared to other units
-very small kitchen (but we don't use it much anyway)
- smaller passenger side windows limiting the views of your site

best of luck!!
hsmunoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 05:57 AM   #5
Houndie Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handysam View Post
Daaang Houndie,going to make the jump so soon? Of course if we had the dually, we would've already had it.
Yea...... we really love the Cougar, would recommend that model to anyone. My wife just wanted a bigger living room. We actually looked at the 3750FL yesterday at an RV show and really liked it with the exception of two things. The walk through bathroom, and the lack of outside storage. We just spent big $$$$ buying lazy boy's for the Cougar and if we got the 3750 we would not have been able to use the recliners.
We decided to buy a Montana 3585SA rear kitchen instead. There is really not alot of research material available for this trailer which bothered me, but after inspecting one we really liked it. The drawback with the 3585 is the small shower....I am 6'5 240 lbs.
Hensly TS3 trailer-saver hitch
KVH TracVision R4SL
3 Basset Hounds "Lucy, Ethel, & Fred"
https://i809.photobucket.com/albums/z...vado/coach.jpg
Houndie Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 08:54 AM   #6
dbunn

The 3750FL is my 4th trailer (3rd Fifth Wheel). I am very happy with it. We have had some issues right off the bat that were more of a dumb luck type thing than anything else. A common problem is the rear bedroom door being crushed due to it coming open during the slide in process (happened on delivery for us). The dealer installed the wwasher dryer combo which we never test ran until we were thrhee states away. The hose that pumops water out was severed and throwing water all over the bathroom. While I was investigating the leak atop a chair, the leg of said chair broke through the bathroom floor register which alloweed me to quickly fall against aand shatter the shower stall door (big mess). The black and grey tanks were mislabeled (seems to be a common issue - no biggie though). My exterior fridge panel on the outsside of the trailer fell off somewhere between GA and AL because the techs that were installing some gadget in there during predelivery never secured it properly. And the shower leaked all over the bathroom due to oan impropeer fit and alignment of the drain tube under the shower area. One othe rnote that I have seen others remark on is that the fold out sofa air mattress is the wrong size for the frame of the bed. As you can see, DUMB LUCK mixed in with a little bit of me. On the good side, we love the way the trailer is set up with the front living room. lenty of space to kick back and entertain. The kitchen is nicely proportioned. The bathroom seperates the kitchen and front living area from the back master bedroom. The master bedroom (king size bed) is huge. All of this really is possible because of the 5 slides that are incorporated into the design. All in all it seems much more spacious than most fifth wheels. I hope my biased review helps.
dbunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 11:07 AM   #7
Frankenstien

Older Brother...

I have the older Brother of this unit, 3655fl, we really enjoy the elevated view, Most of our camping is ocean side, so the added elevation puts us above the dunes for a full view of the beach and ocean.
Old 12-12-2011, 05:47 PM   #8
Geodesy

Cool

We love our 3750FL.....it is stunning! but, we have some issues.....the lacquer finish on the wood kitchen table is is turning white in the areas where the plates sit this after three uses, misaligned cabinet door locks, molding coming loose in bath, toilet lid pins fell out and went into the register, mislabeled black and grey water drain labels, broken vent crank in master bedroom, exterior doors not staying closed, plywood backing behind tv and stereo coming off...various fit and finish issues......very disappointed with the overall finish work on such a top end expensive coach. But, they are probably pretty much ALL that way no matter the make!
Geodesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 06:17 AM   #9
SAABDOCTOR

OK I READ ALL THE POSTS. YEP 2 RECALLS YOUR NEW ONE SHOULD BE FINE. THE BATEH ROOM WINDOW IS CLEAR SO UNLESS YOU LIKE TO SCAR THE NIBORS YOU WILL NEED TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT THAT. I USED "WALL PAPER FOR WINDOWS" IT STILL LETS IN LOTS OF LIGHT BUT KEEPS THINGS PRIVATE.I PULL MY HIDE A BED ON THE RIGHT SIDE OUT AND PUT A RECLINER IN ITS PLACE. WE FOUND A SMALL RUG AT WALLY WORLD THAT MATCHES THE CARPET AND COVERS THE SPRING AND WIREING WHEN THE SLIDE IS OUT. THE UPWARD LIFT CABINETS ABOVE THE DINNIG TABLE HAVE NO SUPPORTS AS WELL AS THE ONES OVER THE BED. A LINK FROM ANOTHER MEMBER AND SUPPORTS FORM CAMPING WORLD. MY DOOR ENTERY SWITCH FAILED. BUT I JUST ELIMINATED IT. I HAVE A 05 STOCK DODGE 3500DRW DIESEL. AND IT TOWS WITHOUT AN ISSUE. AS YOU CAN TELL BY THE OTHERERS YOU NEED TO DO A GOOD WALK AROUND BEFORFE YOU LEAVE THE DEALER LOT SO YOU DON'T LEAVE PARTS ON THE HIGWAY OR BREAK DOORS OFF. DO YOUR WALK AROUND LIKE YOUR A PILOT AND YOUR LIFE DEPENDS ON IT.OF THE 3 MONTANA'S WE HAVE OWNED THIS IS THE NICEST ONE. LOTS OF STOREAGE SPACE. HOPE YOU ENJOY YOURS IF YOU GO THAT ROUTE. BARNEY
2 RESCUE PUPS: SUSITNA AND CRYSTAL. RIP ALYESKA!
SAABDOCTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 01:19 PM   #10
Jet Fixer

What we like about our 3750fl

The unique layout. We are on the road full time for my job and it allows me to get ready in the morning, make an espresso and watch CNN while my wife is asleep. Additionally we are backed in back to back so the road is at the front of the coach where the early risers drive by while we are sleeping at the rear. The kitchen and counter space are smaller but the upstairs lounge more than makes up for it. My wife likes the shower as it has a seat. Myself I would like to cut it out of there with a sawsall. We have stayed in Montana state in Feb at minus 5, onto Stockton Ca where it gets upper 90's all summer. It's comfortable in both climates. I tow it with a 2008 f250 3:73 gears and airbags at 60psi. Haven't had any issues whatsoever, in fact, unbeknownst to me I drove from Montana to California with no brakes, brake lights, turn signals for just under 1000 miles including coming down Donner pass. Rolled into Stockton at rush hour I-5 with a grin on my face. Everything worked great when we left and the running lights stayed on so I was none the wiser.
Now the bad. I too have loose ceiling molding in Bath and Kitchen. Ceiling fan light came apart, screws for entry door strut support kept coming loose, I used gorilla glue on the screws and that fixed it. I removed all screws for the floor vents for easy cleaning. Carpet glue on bedroom carpet. Used goo gone for that.
Mostly small stuff so far. We get quite a number of compliments and requests for a tour. We are very happy with our purchase.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0118.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	97.4 KB
ID:	1679  
Old 08-08-2012, 05:45 PM   #11
mr.windows1

Thumbs up

We love ours!!! Ours is a 2012 model and so far been great, the fridge went out but thankfully it was only out for a short time before we caught it and it ended up to be a recall part on Norcolds behalf. Only other issue was the screws that hold the door strut on stripped out, easy fix by putting 2 screws with nylock nuts on other side, the outside tv is great for watching all the NASCAR races Other than that it towes fabulous behind the 2011 F-350 Powerstroke SRW and the floor plan has been great for us and like the previous poster said its great when you want to sleep in,and the front of the coach you can watch tv and make coffee and not disturb the DW in the back!
2011 Ford F-350 Lariat SRW
6.7L Powerstroke Diesel
Reese Pro Series Slider
mr.windows1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 07:40 AM   #12
rushmorestate

We love ours, We do need to take it in due to the mix up in the tank panels. I guess this is a common problem. They mix up the gray panel light with the black on due to the two grey tanks
rushmorestate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 07:41 AM   #13
rushmorestate

buy an otter man to aid in storage in the fl. no storage under couches
rushmorestate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 04:32 AM   #14
stlucia

We have previously owned a travel trailer, a jayco fifth wheel and a class c and we just purchased the 2013 Montana 3750fl and like a lot of you, we absolutely fell in love with the floor plan. Are there some drawbacks? Sure! Less storage than other fifth wheels the same size, we would have like another half restroom, and like others, we have experienced some issues that should not have happened with a new coach. Such as, a bad fuse, ceiling fan unbalanced, lose screws falling out, Dometic thermostat control box failing to recognize that we have 2 zones-therefore only one AC was working. But, even after all the above small issues, we love it! The living area is more comfortable than our house. We sleep better than we do at home. And the small separation between the living area and the kitchen. The RV industry has really come a long way. Our first unit had no slides, a microwave that was disguised as a popcorn popper, an unusable propane oven that burned the outside, but left the inside uncooked, and a sitting area that required cirque du soleil retired contortion members to gather around the TV to watch an important game or view a movie together. Can you tell that we are a little giddy with this new layout? I do think that you can improve the living area with either ottomans, like an above poster stated...or in our case, we purchased two bean bags to increase the comfort level when everyone is gathered around the main TV. We do most of our cooking outside, because thats what our previous smaller units taught us, but, now we are making the transition of cooking from the kitchen. We also love the option of watching TV or listening to our favorite tunes outside. And the automatic leveling system is the bomb! I'm also pleased with the way my truck pulls this coach. Its bigger than any of our previous RV's, yet it rides down the road great.
stlucia is offline   Reply With Quote