Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 07-23-2012, 06:38 AM   #1
daldous

Black Tank Valve won't open -

My 2011 Alpine has "wire actuated" valves for the holding tanks. Yesterday, when I tried to dump the black tank, the handle worked as designed but the valve did not open!
I opened up the "undercarriage cover" to inspect the valve and could see the wire move as designed at the valve when my wife moved the handle. The valve and the wire actuater have a plastic assembly about 12" long attached to the valve itself and I cannot see the valve rod or the point at which the pull wire attaches to the rod. It appears that the wire itself is no longer attached to the rod that actuates the valve.

My question is: does anyone know if the 12" plastic assembly can be removed from the valve without removing the valve?

It appears to have plastic "tabs" that hold it in place and it looks like it "snaps" into place on the valve! I was afraid to pry them too hard for fear of breaking the assembly.

Thanks for any help.

daldous
Old 08-07-2012, 03:28 AM   #2
Bushman512000

just My idea

If I was to fix that I would go to a good parts store and find a valve like the one You have and see how it comes apart You may be better to rebuild Your valve useing the new one for the parts...Take a camera under and some pic.of Your valve before heading to parts store they look so alike You may be able to fix it with out makeing a mess I had to repair a valve with the cable one time was not to bad a job just hard to reach and almost out of sight..Good luck Bushman
Bushman512000 is offline   Reply With Quote