Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 12-28-2011, 10:04 AM   #1
maxrjs

Buying New Laredo 266RL - Delivery Questions

We put a deposit down on a new Laredo 266RL. Any pointers on delivery? Probably shouldn't say dealer (but General RV, Utah) - picking up from California next week. I am actually concerned about the slides - how to check for correct operation; and any previuous water damage. Any bugs here? Please advise!!! Thanks!
maxrjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 12:50 PM   #2
Festus2
Site Team

Hello and welcome to the forum.
In regards to your question/concern about the slideout operation, I would check to make sure that:
1) the slides, when fully retracted sit flush and tight on all 3 exterior sides. There should be no gaps anywhere along these edges.
2) the slides should move in one motion when being let out or brought in. If they pause or stop and then start moving again, there is a problem with the alignment and/or mechanism.
3) the rubber flaps along the sides and top should fold all the way in or out. Sometimes, a portion of the flap/seal does not come all the way out.
4) the slide roof, when the unit is level, should be slanted away from the RV to allow proper run-off of water from your roof.
5) the room should come out and in "squarely" - not twisted or bent from side to side or make any unusual grinding-type noises.

I would get the rep to show you where the slide motors are and where the access doors to them are located. At the same time, get him to show you how to manually operate the slides in case of motor failure or other problem. This is often overlooked and you don't want to be caught with your slide out and wanting to move to the next campsite or to head home. Don't be surprised if the sales rep doesn't know but the tech people in the shop should know.

If you haven't already done so, I would seriously look into having slide toppers installed. I think most people who have them think of them as a very wise investment.

About the water leakage. Some people have had problems with leaking slides while others, including myself, have not. I would check for stained carpets, cushions and mattresses, water marks, swelling of panelling, ceiling, and cupboards near the slide area, soft or spongy floor, evidence of mold and mildew, and any strange, moldy odors.
While you are at it, check the area in and around your windows for the same things.

Hope this helps.
Old 12-28-2011, 07:19 PM   #3
maxrjs

Thanks for the information. I copied the PDI inspection sheet from another post and that will help. If anyone has any additional suggestions or links to other posts that would be great. Anyone worked with this dealer - just hope they are good to work with. I would like to get any problems discovered and fixed due to distance to go back again. Any suggestions appreciated!
maxrjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 07:38 PM   #4
CarKath

Don't over think it and spin yourself out. Go threw the pdi list you have now and enjoy your unit as soon as possible.

Many warranty issues could arise after the fact. Not likely, but possible. Most are small enough to deal with yourself.

5bucks here or there do not make it lemon or a bad dealer experience.

relax and enjoy.........happy camping............. and of course welcome to the forum.
Dog : Tucker
Cats: Beaudie and Jangles
CarKath is offline   Reply With Quote