Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > Forum Admin, News & Member Account Info
Click Here to Login

Old 07-20-2011, 05:31 PM   #1
Hook up and go

How to get my keyless entry working

I just purchased a 2012 Alpine 3400RE fifthwheel I cannot get the keyless entry to work and I cannot figure out how the motional light above the door works.

Thanks,
Hook up and go
Anderson SC
Hook up and go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 06:09 PM   #2
Festus2
Site Team

You are not the first member who can't get the keyless entry to work or to figure out how the motion light operates. I am sure you will hear from those who have solved this problem and will pass on the solutions to both issues to you. Welcome, by the way, to the forum.
Old 07-20-2011, 07:11 PM   #3
CarKath

Welcome to the forum. Here are 2 links to the exact same topic on this.

http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/sho...=keyless+entry

http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/sho...=keyless+entry

If you follow the instruction exactly, it should work. But there could be other problems like weak battery as others have experienced. Read the 2 above threads and maybe the will help.

The motion light, I feel your pain. Did your unit come with the guide for it? Mine did and I played around and got it to work to my personal liking. I have it off permanently. The bugs are just way to overwhelming at night here in Manitoba.

When we took delivery of our unit the motion light never came on.......... ever. A quick check of bulb revealed it was burnt out. Then once setting it to come on via motion, a new problem, bugs every where. I have mine set to off and did that by simply turning the switch to the on position. Odd I know, but how we did it.
If you do not have the manual for your motion light. I will gladly link you to there site. I will need a day to find manual and manufacturer name.

good luck
CarKath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 05:34 AM   #4
X-Treme

Instruction manual for the motion light: http://www.starlightsinc.com/shop/pc...structions.pdf
Old 07-21-2011, 08:47 AM   #5
DocData757

I have the Starlight and it's pointless. it's located above the door, of course, which makes it very close to the awning. We have an electric awning which, when deployed, hangs down at a fairly steep angle. When the light is in the auto mode and with the awning all the way out, the slightest movement of the awning makes the light come on.

We just use it manually.

X-Treme.... I see you have the same camper. Do you have the same issue as I do?

As far as the keyless entry goes, I guess I got lucky. My Keyless entry uses a small FOB so I don't have the keypad and have never had a problem with it.
DocData757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 11:38 AM   #6
X-Treme

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocData757 View Post
I have the Starlight and it's pointless. it's located above the door, of course, which makes it very close to the awning. We have an electric awning which, when deployed, hangs down at a fairly steep angle. When the light is in the auto mode and with the awning all the way out, the slightest movement of the awning makes the light come on.

We just use it manually.

X-Treme.... I see you have the same camper. Do you have the same issue as I do?

As far as the keyless entry goes, I guess I got lucky. My Keyless entry uses a small FOB so I don't have the keypad and have never had a problem with it.
Damn skippy I do, although, I thought that maybe it was the campfire coals that were maybe turning it on. Made it completely useless on all my trips. I'm gonna put an amber bulb or led in there and run it manually.

I DID just see this tho. Maybe worth a try.

From the manual:
Adjustment of the Variable Resistor (Potentiometers) for sensitivity is clockwise to increase
sensitivity, and counterclockwise to decrease sensitivity. When adjusting this resistor, take care not
to touch the mother board, which could damage the unit and WILL VOID the WARRANTY.
Please note that the Smart Light 1000® fixture comes from the factory set at the most sensitive
setting and may need adjustment to a lower sensitive setting to match the camping environment.

IMPORTANT – DISCONNECT THE BATTERY BEFORE ADJUSTING
The Potentiometers are located on the circuit board mounted in the electronics compartment of the Smart
Light 1000® fixture. Once the lens has been removed, access for adjustment is through the opening, with the
Potentiometers located above the light sensor and below the multicolored LED. Note that the bottom
potentiometer is for the right sensor, and the top potentiometer is for the left sensor. Take great care when
adjusting not to touch the circuit board, which would void the warranty.
Old 07-21-2011, 06:42 PM   #7
CarKath

Quote:
I DID just see this tho. Maybe worth a try.
I am curious how you make out. I personally just used switch and disabled it. The light is definitely set up in a way the light comes on frequently. If set that way.

Good Luck
CarKath is offline   Reply With Quote