Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 05-14-2018, 01:10 PM   #1
flipazn

Over under conversion kit to raise TT

I own a 2014 Hideout 24bh. Everything has been great up to this point except that I hate how low the trailer is. My rear end scrapes a lot and I also have to use a longer shank with my WD hitch (blueox swaypro) that tends to scrape as well. Because of this I’m thinking of installing these over under conversion kits to place the springs on top of the axle and raise the trailer ~5-7”. Anybody have any experience with this? Pros/Cons? Thx in advance!

https://www.etrailer.com/Trailer-Sus...71-384-00.html

2014 Keystone Hideout 24BHWE
2015 F150 XLT 3.5L ecoboost
Blue Ox SwayPro WDH
Air Lift Ride Control Airbags
flipazn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 02:41 PM   #2
66joej

Had a 26' TrailCruiser some time ago. Bought it with the axles under the springs (flipped). Previous owner went dry camping most of the time. Work was done by a reputable frame shop. Didn't like the way it wanted to lean on our mountain highways so I reversed the springs back to stock. All the difference in the world when towing and easier for the DW to get up the stairs. YMMV

2018 Ram 3500 6.4 Harvest Edition
2018 Cougar 27RESWE
66joej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 07:17 AM   #3
Port List

I used to tow with a 97 F350 that just sat too high for the 24" fifth wheel I had. Flipped the axles and everything got better. Later, I had a 22' Hideout TT. Same issue, same cure. Give it a shot; you can always go back down if it doesn't do as you expect.

2018 Jayco JayFlight 195 SLX
2018 F-150
Port List is offline   Reply With Quote