Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 03-18-2018, 01:11 PM   #1
Don N.

Tire question......again

Has anyone tried the Country Wide trailer tire? I have read many of the tire posts and am familiar with what has been given as good tires., but have not seen anyone mention Country Wide. Thank you for your input.
2013 GMC 2500HD w/ B&W turnover gooseneck hitch and Andersen Ultimate 5th Wheel gooseneck mount
Airlift airbags

Don N. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 01:32 PM   #2
Frank G

Frank G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 02:29 PM   #3
CaptnJohn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank G View Post

Popcorn and beer! Thinking nothing I'd like better than being 1009 miles from home and looking to replace a tire only 9 people in the country heard of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2022.Montana 3855 BR
2019 F350 6.7 4X4 DRW
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 04:17 PM   #4
Hodgy

2016 Bullet 1800RB, UVW 3260, led by a 2005 Chev Silverado Z-71 1500, Crew Cab, 5.3L, 4WD, Tow & Off Road Package with 4.10 Rear Axle, GVR 7000 lbs, Front GWAR 3925 lbs & Rear GWAR 4000 lbs., Payload 1600 lbs., Hellwig 6012 Air Bags. 97' Honda Goldwing GL1500.
Home Base is the Alberta Foothills at 4300 ' ASL.
Hodgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 04:36 PM   #5
Tinner12002

Sorry guys, don't have any popcorn so I will say this, with all or should I say somewhat proven reliability of several brands that have been discussed in extreme on here and many other sites, why do people keep coming up with these no name brand tires, are they wanting to be guinea pigs for a company...wouldn't risk my RV for an adventure like that. Done.
Tinner12002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 05:30 PM   #6
Frank G

According to rvia, RV shipments for 2017 were 504,599 units. I would think the majority of these units came with tires that members of this forum consider sub par. Instead of blasting (would like to find a better word) one another, why wouldn't we, the consumers, join together and demand a better product. Until we do, nothing will change. I personally think it is out of place to demean someone who has just laid there hard earned cash on a new RV and inform them they need to buy new tires. It is also environmentally irresponsible to send all that product routed through China to American Tire Dumps. Assumption; 300,000RV's X 4 = 1.2 million Junk Tires a year.
Old 03-18-2018, 06:32 PM   #7
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
According to rvia, RV shipments for 2017 were 504,599 units. I would think the majority of these units came with tires that members of this forum consider sub par. Instead of blasting (would like to find a better word) one another, why wouldn't we, the consumers, join together and demand a better product. Until we do, nothing will change. I personally think it is out of place to demean someone who has just laid there hard earned cash on a new RV and inform them they need to buy new tires. It is also environmentally irresponsible to send all that product routed through China to American Tire Dumps. Assumption; 300,000RV's X 4 = 1.2 million Junk Tires a year.
I'm trying to understand your post.

The majority of new units came with tires that knowledgeable, experienced users consider sub par. That is a fact.

"It is out of place to "demean" someone who has just laid "their" hard earned cash on a new RV and inform them they need to buy new tires." Help me here. Virtually all of us know what the sub par tires are....look at NHTSA, websites, customer reviews..... No one on this forum demeans anyone for the tires that came on their RV....we do however recommend a change based on REAL life experiences.

As far as China to America, tire dumps etc........you're probably out there on your own.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 07:11 PM   #8
Frank G

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
I'm trying to understand your post.

The majority of new units came with tires that knowledgeable, experienced users consider sub par. That is a fact.

"It is out of place to "demean" someone who has just laid "their" hard earned cash on a new RV and inform them they need to buy new tires." Help me here. Virtually all of us know what the sub par tires are....look at NHTSA, websites, customer reviews..... No one on this forum demeans anyone for the tires that came on their RV....we do however recommend a change based on REAL life experiences.

As far as China to America, tire dumps etc........you're probably out there on your own.
I'll stand by what I wrote, and yes I do think there have been members bullied on this tire issue. I have been on my own all my adult life and not about to change. I wish there was a better way to collect and report tire data...not in todays world.
Old 03-18-2018, 07:21 PM   #9
sourdough
Site Team

Frank,

I understand. "Been on your own all your adult life"? I've been own my own since 16 when I got married (all my adult life 50+ years ago?). Walked alleys to get coke bottles to sell so we could buy 10 cent Campbell's chicken noodle soup to stay alive.

So yes, I stand by what I say as well. I refute your assertion that members are "bullied" on the tire issue. I would encourage you to post what you think is a post "bullying" any member on what tire they have. Looking forward to your input.
Old 03-22-2018, 07:35 AM   #10
KHBama

Quote:
I'll stand by what I wrote, and yes I do think there have been members bullied on this tire issue. I have been on my own all my adult life and not about to change. I wish there was a better way to collect and report tire data...not in todays world.
yes... I asked a question about tires one day and got nothing useful from the 1st 10 posters, mostly "popcorn" posts and some smart a** remarks. Finally some posters chimed in with actual experience from the tires I asked about, some good some bad. That is all we can ask for when we post a question (especially people who are fairly newbies)
KHBama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 07:53 PM   #11
vampress_me

Quote:
It is also environmentally irresponsible to send all that product routed through China to American Tire Dumps. Assumption; 300,000RV's X 4 = 1.2 million Junk Tires a year.
Or you do what I did and sell the OEM tires on Facebook. Someone up by us got 4 tires with about 300 miles on them for about $75. Made them happy, made me happy to have the new Maxxis tires. Win win.

But, the quote does raise an interesting question. So, if it’s environmentally irresponsible to send China tires to American dumps before they have a blow out, is it also environmentally irresponsible to send them (and the other parts now broken on the camper) to the dump after they blowout?

2019 F-350 diesel 4x4 CC LB DRW, not the mom taxi anymore...
2021 Alliance Paradigm 340RL
2016 F-350 diesel 4x4 CC LB SRW, mom taxi - sold
2014 Cougar XLite 28RDB - sold
vampress_me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 08:04 PM   #12
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampress_me View Post
Or you do what I did and sell the OEM tires on Facebook. Someone up by us got 4 tires with about 300 miles on them for about $75. Made them happy, made me happy to have the new Maxxis tires. Win win.

But, the quote does raise an interesting question. So, if it’s environmentally irresponsible to send China tires to American dumps before they have a blow out, is it also environmentally irresponsible to send them (and the other parts now broken on the camper) to the dump after they blowout?
Good Point, Lynette. Sending $400 worth of sub par tires to the dump or sending those tires along with $4000 worth of damaged trailer parts.... Great way to put the risk into perspective. Personally, after the tire damage I saw on my "otherwise perfectly fine" TowMax tires, I won't ever run that brand again. Any other brand that has limited to no reputation, well, I'd trust them even less than TowMax.....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 08:10 PM   #13
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampress_me View Post

^^^^ Thanks. Trying to protect the environment, and using common sense, rational reasoning is where we need to be. All tires, coming from China, are routed to American dumps? Hmmm.....are we now saying you endorse tariffs? Embargo's on China?......I KNOW, I KNOW....just had to put it out there....no more from me (I think)....

Note: This comment had nothing to do with Lynette's post. I was directed to what she had responded tol
Old 03-18-2018, 08:11 PM   #14
CaptnJohn

Quote:

The Rainier tires that arrived on my HC some would call subpar, I called them worse. From the dealer to the tire shop where Sailun were installed and the tire shop gave me $30 each for all 5. He will sell them as used tires to go on a farm or utility trailer that will not carry the weight of my 5er. The 5 Sailun tires I bought came from China and have the best reputation of all. From the safety aspect I did not care if they went to a dump, back to China, or landed on the Keystone CEOs desk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2022.Montana 3855 BR
2019 F350 6.7 4X4 DRW
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 07:31 PM   #15
chuckster57
Site Team

Seems like tire threads can be like TV threads. I personally haven’t seen any bullying in either, but some members can be adamant in their beliefs. Best part of living in USA is you can’t be imprisoned for your point of view. Let’s keep that in mind please.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 05:45 PM   #16
ctbruce
Site Team | Emeritus

Back to the OP's question, that brand has not been brought up before that I recall. I would want to see a sidewall and the manufacturer code. Then you would know where and who made it. Several of the Chinese manufacturers simply switch out the dies to put a new unknown name on the same bad tires. May the buyer beware.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Impact 312
2017 Silverado 3500HD SRW
ctbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 08:23 PM   #17
Don N.

UUUUU, wow! I did not realize a trailer tire question was such a touchy subject. I have had the understanding that this site was for meaningful information on 5th wheels, no matter what level of "knowledge or experience". I was hoping for answers like, "No" or "Yes, here is what I know....", or "Here is a link". I've learned not to ask a tire question that's for sure. And, a reply of "popcorn and beer".......really!? Thank you ctbruce for your answer.
2013 GMC 2500HD w/ B&W turnover gooseneck hitch and Andersen Ultimate 5th Wheel gooseneck mount
Airlift airbags

Don N. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 09:41 PM   #18
busterbrown

From my perspective, not much bullying on this forum. "Mostly" well mannered, courteous, experienced members trying to lend a hand and help a fellow Keystone owner. Compared to many of the other truck and RV forums I frequent, this site is very tame and "conservative" (for the lack of another word). I attribute it to the demographic that provide the valuable insight on these boards.

I do see where someone coming from another forum will assume their inquiries or recommendations may (or even will) get attacked. Go check out some of the big truck forums or even that CW forum and you'll get a sense of some of the "bullying" that goes on.

But on this site, the responses tend to be fair, honest, and respectful, even on the "touchy" subjects. YMMV.
Hensley SwiftArrow Control Hitch with 1000 lb Spring Bars
Me, DW, (3) little DS's, and 1 rambunctious Boston Terrier

busterbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 01:41 AM   #19
notanlines

Buster is absolutely on the money. I joined a diesel forum back when we had water in the fuel problems and I simply asked why a person would "chip" a brand new truck. One would have thought I had slapped someone's momma. After the word "stupid" was directed at me, more than once I might add, I simply deleted my membership. The Keystone forum members are fairly mild.
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 02:21 AM   #20
CWtheMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don N. View Post
Has anyone tried the Country Wide trailer tire? I have read many of the tire posts and am familiar with what has been given as good tires., but have not seen anyone mention Country Wide. Thank you for your input.
Search and you may find.

https://www.countrywidetire.com/
CWtheMan is offline   Reply With Quote