Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service & Warranty Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 08-03-2018, 08:43 AM   #11
Bisjoe

There are probably several different warranties out there, some better than others. In our case it was free from the dealer, and the annual requirement is well worth the $99 that our dealer charges. I could do it myself, but it's just not worth my time for that small fee. Our actual warranty language does not require that our dealer do the work, only that it be done by a professional repair facility with documentation showing the work done. They do not require a dealer to winterize, only these items:
  1. Inspect roof and seal roof where necessary.
  2. Inspect axles and hub, lube where necessary.
  3. Inspect furnace - clean blower, combustion chamber, control compartment (remove any dust, lint, obstructions) as necessary, test gas line for leaks.
  4. Inspect hot water heater - flush holding tank, manually operate pressure temperature relief valve, clean burner tube (as outlined by the manufacturer) as necessary.

Bisjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 06:37 AM   #12
JRTJH
Site Team

Back in 2014 the "Forever Warranty" was just coming onto the market. There is a 6 page discussion on the forum located here: http://www.keystoneforums.com/forums...ad.php?t=16184 In post #29, I outlined a discussion with Rob, the service advisor for the "lifetime warranty" in which he explained to me exactly what I'd have to pay for to keep the warranty in effect. It came out to about $700 a year in required inspections and maintenance actions.

While I'm sure that every "contractual offering" evolves with time and this "Forever Warranty" is a "contractual offering" so it's probably changed through the years since 2014. That said, ask the pointed questions, get specific answers before you pay your first $100 inspection fee and find out that it is only the first installment in what you have to pay to keep your warranty in effect.....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 09:10 AM   #13
travelin texans

The inspection is $100, ANYTHING they may have to repair is $150 per hour with most likely an hour minimum per item.

Danny & Linda
Fulltime since '08
2013 Redwood 36FB (FOR SALE)
2013 Denali 3500 DRW D/A
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 05:15 PM   #14
Sk734

From the 5vers I have owned the repairs have been minor and easy to do. Put your money in the bank and find a good RV service company if you cannot do any repairs. I think you will be way ahead. They will always have an excuse to void the warranty when have a major repair. Good luck.

Sk734 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
warranty