Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Odds 'n Ends
Click Here to Login

Old 03-30-2012, 03:27 PM   #1
hsmunoz

Waking up from winter's slumber

my first winter with my Alpine 3500. I winterized it my self, using compressed air in the lines and pink stuff in the drains. filled it up and all looks good , no leaks. Did take a bit for the lines to fill but they did. I am going to haul her to our camp site tomorrow for a shakedown. hopefully nothing falls off on the road! everything else is looking good. fingers crossed as the warranty expires the end of april.

happy camping everyone!
hsmunoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 03:33 PM   #2
Englishman

Good luck. I hope your trip is unevenfull.
https://thecloudscamping.weebly.com/
Englishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 03:20 PM   #3
cumminsdad08

just drug mine home, to our new home, and its new home, and didn't get a chance to unwinterize yet. but i am sure its all good. gets inspected on tuesday and out to the local campground and thursday. after fighting with my two houses for the last two months, i am more then ready to get started with the "open season".
Dogs
Buddy-beagle hound mix
Emily-beagle hound mix
Sadie-boarder collie (my amish one)
cumminsdad08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 09:37 PM   #4
turbopilot51

We're taking our fiver on it's maidan voyage this weekend in spite of the record breaking rain fall. So far everything is working as it should. Tomorrow we try the washer/dryer and oven. I even rolled out the electric awning today for giggles. We love the floorplan and can't wait to hit the road this summer!
Always looking for more power, the next add-on goodie, the perfect camping spot, spending more time camping with dw.
turbopilot51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 05:00 PM   #5
hsmunoz

so far so good, all systems operating and normal. We set the Alpine up on our acreage, and now we are thinking we might leave it there. The big windows really make things open and airy. I took out the oem converter, and wired in a complete 2K True Sine inverter charger, with 4 6V golf cart batteries and next step is the 470 W solar panels with MPPT controller. Spent the whole weekend with 110vac and never a sound. My wife asked me how the fireplace was working without the sound of a generator, I said "magic!".

Had to haul it down some dirt roads to get to the property but everything was intact and good to go when we arrived. Very happy with the Alpine!

cheers
hsmunoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 11:27 AM   #6
SAABDOCTOR

YEA SPRING!! Got it jacked up service the wheel bearing and lube the suspenssion. top off the battery sanitize the tanks gettin ready for the season CAN'T WAIT Good luck on your trip home it all goes well and there is no excitement while towing.Happy easter passover etc.
2 RESCUE PUPS: SUSITNA AND CRYSTAL. RIP ALYESKA!
SAABDOCTOR is offline   Reply With Quote