Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service & Warranty Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 04-08-2019, 09:01 AM   #1
yesiamapirate

First trip with the new Cougar

Good news and bad! The trip was great. Perfect weather for Michigan at our favor campground.

The bad:Filled the fresh water tank in the camper up with water the night before. No water service yet at this State Park yet. Sat all night and off we went the next day. Drove 20 miles to the campground and by the time we pulled into our site the camper was leaking water. At first we just thought it was a bad valve on the drain. But no, water was beginning to accumulate under the sealed underbelly. How sad. We ended up pulling away some of the insulation and whatever covers the bottom. Coroplast! We wiggled the drain tube and thankfully got it to stop. But if it is moved it keeps leaking. We did end up staying as it held but of course it is scheduled for service Wednesday. We have already sealed leaks in the roof. I love the new trailer but I am disappointed in the QC.

It was really wet under the coroplast. We only split it open wide enough to expose the drain where it meets the tank and drain the water. I imagine the will pull it off and dry it? Anyways, that is my story.
yesiamapirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 09:07 AM   #2
Fishsizzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesiamapirate View Post
Good news and bad! The trip was great. Perfect weather for Michigan at our favor campground.

The bad:Filled the fresh water tank in the camper up with water the night before. No water service yet at this State Park yet. Sat all night and off we went the next day. Drove 20 miles to the campground and by the time we pulled into our site the camper was leaking water. At first we just thought it was a bad valve on the drain. But no, water was beginning to accumulate under the sealed underbelly. How sad. We ended up pulling away some of the insulation and whatever covers the bottom. Coroplast! We wiggled the drain tube and thankfully got it to stop. But if it is moved it keeps leaking. We did end up staying as it held but of course it is scheduled for service Wednesday. We have already sealed leaks in the roof. I love the new trailer but I am disappointed in the QC.

It was really wet under the coroplast. We only split it open wide enough to expose the drain where it meets the tank and drain the water. I imagine the will pull it off and dry it? Anyways, that is my story.

Super sorry. I had similar issue, by was hydraulic fluid leaking out of rams on my new 5th wheel. Poor tech took a bath when he took off the under belly. Everything had to be replaced, was soaked.

Here's hoping for easy, fast fix. Have an awesome summer.
2020 F350 Crew DRW 6.7, 4x4, 10 sod auto, 4:10 gears
Fishsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 09:14 AM   #3
yesiamapirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishsizzle View Post
Super sorry. I had similar issue, by was hydraulic fluid leaking out of rams on my new 5th wheel. Poor tech took a bath when he took off the under belly. Everything had to be replaced, was soaked.

Here's hoping for easy, fast fix. Have an awesome summer.
Thanks for your thoughts! I am glad your issue is fixed. I am hoping for a complete and easy repair.
Old 04-08-2019, 09:15 AM   #4
meaz93*

Building those camping -lol....that stuff happens, even being new- as most times they sit outdoors on the RV lot for long periods of time.Click image for larger version

Name:	20181115_113043.jpg
Views:	318
Size:	44.2 KB
ID:	21279
meaz93* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 09:17 AM   #5
meaz93*

My bad...memories!
meaz93* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 09:40 AM   #6
yesiamapirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by meaz93* View Post
Building those camping -lol....that stuff happens, even being new- as most times they sit outdoors on the RV lot for long periods of time.Attachment 21279
Hahaha!!! Thank you for a well needed laugh!!!

Tags
cougar