Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 08-15-2019, 11:48 AM   #21
rczapla

Big bike JUST FITS

For anyone interested, I am new to these forums and just realized I had to put in a new post and not a quick reply to post pictures. to recap; I just bought a 2020 Outback 335CG and fit my 1985 Goldwing into the garage and it is a very tight fit.
To make this happen I did need to get a Wheeldock chock. (Great suggestion in the forum by the way). I wish I would have gotten some rubber mats to put on the garage floor first before I put the bike in. We had the interior treated with "New Trailer" protectant from the dealer and the floors are SLICK. I picked up some rubber mats from Home Depot to place under the bike. They work just fine and will protect the floor.
Here are some pictures of the Goldwing in the garage. GW is 99.6 inches long and weighs in at 782lbs dry weight. Not much room for error.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Goldwing in Outback 1.jpg
Views:	332
Size:	197.3 KB
ID:	23234   Click image for larger version

Name:	Goldwing in Outback 335CG front clearance.jpg
Views:	299
Size:	213.3 KB
ID:	23235   Click image for larger version

Name:	Goldwing in Outback 335CG rear clearence.jpg
Views:	274
Size:	149.8 KB
ID:	23236   Click image for larger version

Name:	Golwing in Outback 335CG side clearence.jpg
Views:	310
Size:	208.9 KB
ID:	23237  
rczapla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 12:26 PM   #22
RoadGlideR6G

Quote:
Originally Posted by rczapla View Post
For anyone interested, I am new to these forums and just realized I had to put in a new post and not a quick reply to post pictures. to recap; I just bought a 2020 Outback 335CG and fit my 1985 Goldwing into the garage and it is a very tight fit.
To make this happen I did need to get a Wheeldock chock. (Great suggestion in the forum by the way). I wish I would have gotten some rubber mats to put on the garage floor first before I put the bike in. We had the interior treated with "New Trailer" protectant from the dealer and the floors are SLICK. I picked up some rubber mats from Home Depot to place under the bike. They work just fine and will protect the floor.
Here are some pictures of the Goldwing in the garage. GW is 99.6 inches long and weighs in at 782lbs dry weight. Not much room for error.
Thanks for sharing the updated information and the pictures
Have you been able to check what your tongue weight is with the Goldwing loaded? Hope that you guys have a great trip and that all goes well. Safe travels my friend.
RoadGlideR6G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 04:58 PM   #23
rush2112

Quote:
Originally Posted by rczapla View Post

It looks like you have a threshold just in front of the wheel dock. My 335 doesn't have that so I put the chock up against the door when it's closed. That would give you at least 2 to 3 more inches. My BMW is 101 inches with about an inch and a half to spare from top box to the ramp extension.
rush2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 12:55 PM   #24
rczapla

The maiden trip in my new Outback 335CG hauling my Goldwing was a success. The rubber mats on the garage floor are a must. The Wheeldock chock, also a must. I bought a couple extra rubber mats to lay out on the ramp when loading/unloading to keep me from tearing up/marring the ramp. This worked out very well. I bumped the trailer and bike down mostly decent MI 2-lane hi-ways and some 60+ miles of I-69 which is a pretty terrible/bouncy interstate in MI. I also drove through a torrential T-Storm coming back. No troubles. I did not check the tongue weight yet. I plan on doing that this week as the bike is still loaded in the trailer. I'll tell you what I like more than hauling my motorcycle in the trailer and that's the 7.1 auto leveling system. One button push and the trailer self levels and drops stabilizer jacks to be rock solid when parked. Another push of a button and that system brings back the hitch to the hook up point when I dropped it off my truck. SWEET. I think I'm going to love this trailer.
Old 08-19-2019, 01:34 PM   #25
RoadGlideR6G

That is awesome. Thanks for the follow up report . Happy to hear you had a great trip and no issues hauling the Gold Wing. I can’t wait to take ours out on it’s maiden voyage with the Harley. And try out that leveling system.
Thanks again.
Old 08-29-2019, 10:40 AM   #26
rczapla

Hello RoadGlideR6G, I just measured the tongue weight with the Goldwing loaded in the back (roughly 800lbs of bike) and all my normal camping stuff stored in the front storage area + 20 gallons of fresh water and the weight on the tongue is 1162.5lbs (Kitty cat certified, bathroom scale using a 5 foot lever method)
Old 11-15-2020, 06:31 PM   #27
Azpi4u

I just put a deposit down on a 2021 Outback 335cg. I have a 2016 Harley Davidson Road King. I measured it out at 98 inches. Has any one put a Harley Road King in the garage? Also which floor mats do you suggest for the garage floor.
Thanks
Azpi4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 08:06 AM   #28
RoadGlideR6G

I was able to fit my 2016 Road Glide Ultra into our 2019 335CG using a Wheel Dock chock and removing my detachable tour pack. If I can find the pictures I will post them. As far as floor mats I purchased a thick floor mat from Home Depot that works great for parking the motorcycle on. My only issue was that my Harley weighed in over a 1000lbs loaded with fuel and gear and the garage is rated at a 1000lbs.
r/Richard
Old 11-16-2020, 08:32 AM   #29
wiredgeorge

Just curious on the bikes rolling into/out of the garage, Any issues with the underside hanging where the door hinges? I had a toy hauler (Forest River) with the rear door and my trike would hang unless I put the door up on 4x4s and used a trifold ramp to make the transition between ground and lifted rear door.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 06:24 PM   #30
jaxglide

Outback 335cg

I have been looking at this camper as well due to plenty of Cabin room, just enough garage space and the outdoor cooking area

I measured my 15 roadglide and based on the 100” garage, I only have 3 “ to spare so I didn’t think this will work yet you guys are making it work

Just so I am armed, what are guys paying for this unit?
jaxglide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 06:37 PM   #31
Azpi4u

Thank you for the information RoadglideR6G, we ordered ours and should be getting it sometime in January. I will let you know how it turns out for me. PS I don't have a tour pack just saddle bags. also looking at buying the Wheeldock chock, just curious is it mounted (bolted) into the floor or is it just there.
Azpi4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 06:41 PM   #32
RoadGlideR6G

No I did not bolt my Wheel Dock chock to the floor. Also with the extension on the ramp and the ramp supports I did not have a problem with the bike bottoming out when loading.
Old 11-17-2020, 07:08 PM   #33
RoadGlideR6G

2016 Road Glide loaded in Outback 335CG half garage

Name:	IMG_8068~photo.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	170.5 KB
ID:	30815

Name:	IMG_8066~photo.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	273.8 KB
ID:	30816

Name:	IMG_8069~photo.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	154.9 KB
ID:	30817

Name:	IMG_8070~photo.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	180.8 KB
ID:	30818
Old 11-17-2020, 07:12 PM   #34
RoadGlideR6G

2016 Road Glide loaded in Outback 335CG half garage part 2

Name:	IMG_8072~photo.jpg
Views:	297
Size:	351.5 KB
ID:	30819

Name:	IMG_8067~photo.jpg
Views:	314
Size:	180.6 KB
ID:	30820

Name:	IMG_8062~photo.jpg
Views:	335
Size:	198.0 KB
ID:	30821

Name:	IMG_8065~photo.jpg
Views:	333
Size:	212.0 KB
ID:	30822
Old 11-17-2020, 08:37 PM   #35
jaxglide

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadGlideR6G View Post

Thanks for sharing. I may have to take my bike the dealer to be sure it fits.

No issues with the chock rubbing on the door trim or threshold? Does some one brace it will you roll into it so it doesn’t push forward into the wall/trim?
Old 11-18-2020, 04:58 AM   #36
RoadGlideR6G

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxglide View Post
Thanks for sharing. I may have to take my bike the dealer to be sure it fits.

No issues with the chock rubbing on the door trim or threshold? Does some one brace it will you roll into it so it doesn’t push forward into the wall/trim?
No one had to brace the chock when loading. The Wheel Dock chock is flat so when loading your not pushing it forward like you would with a Condor chock. With the weight of the bike and the rubber floor mat I did not have any trouble with it moving. Once in the chock the tie down straps kept it from moving forward or back. Also with the Wheel Dock it allows you to get the bike as far forward as possible. I took my Harley to the dealer and they pulled the trailer out so I could do a fit check before we purchased it. My only concern was watching how much weight I put into the garage. The garage has a 1000 lbs weight limit. A full size Harley takes most of that.
Old 11-18-2020, 12:54 PM   #37
jaxglide

Quote:
No one had to brace the chock when loading. The Wheel Dock chock is flat so when loading your not pushing it forward like you would with a Condor chock. With the weight of the bike and the rubber floor mat I did not have any trouble with it moving. Once in the chock the tie down straps kept it from moving forward or back. Also with the Wheel Dock it allows you to get the bike as far forward as possible. I took my Harley to the dealer and they pulled the trailer out so I could do a fit check before we purchased it. My only concern was watching how much weight I put into the garage. The garage has a 1000 lbs weight limit. A full size Harley takes most of that.

Thanks for the info. I’m good w only my 900 lbs roadglide in the back. I figure I can use my truck bed for everything else and save $30k by not having to buy a huge 40ft toyhauler
Old 11-18-2020, 02:22 PM   #38
RoadGlideR6G

Enjoy and safe travels my friend.
Old 11-22-2020, 06:28 AM   #39
jaxglide

Quote:
Enjoy and safe travels my friend.

Thought of something else. How is the ac in this rig? I love it cold at night and live in the east coast, so 90 and humidity is the norm.
Old 11-22-2020, 09:43 AM   #40
RoadGlideR6G

We live in North East Florida and have had our 335 for over a year. We only have one AC unit in our rig. We have not had any issues with staying cool. We also made a trip in July to South Dakota and back and the 1 AC was fine. But wish our unit had 2 AC units just in case it was needed. We will be taking it west in 2021. We have been very pleased with our unit and thankfully have not had to have any warranty repairs.

Tags
outback