Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Notices

Old 08-07-2019, 05:13 PM   #21
Sarge2

Sorry the "fleet" are patrol cars... extremely high discharge and charge, lots of idle time and sometimes high draw for hours if on a traffic crash or incident... so probably not a fair example for common vehicle batteries... I have no experience with Deep Cycle batteries so I appreciate the education... may look into that down the road... probably after retirement in a year or so...

Sarge2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 11:17 AM   #22
Dave Gamble

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmason View Post
Anyone question why the red wire is connected to what would appear to be the ground terminal of the battery ? Just a thought.
Yes, it looks that way in the picture, but the ground wire is red with a thin black line on it, as opposed to the all red positive line.

It has to be one of the stupidest things I've ever seen with regard to deliberately causing confusion and potentially expensive mistakes. I noticed it early on and take special care to make sure not to get them mixed up. But really - an almost all red ground wire? What were they thinking???

Dave Gamble is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery, cougar