Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 06-06-2017, 07:23 PM   #1
Rick52

A/C fuzion 371

I know there is a lot of talk going on about A/C problems in the bigger rv's. I'm pretty unhappy about mine. Granted I live in So. Calif and spend a lot of time in hot weather. Keystone, however, placed the main living A/C unit in the loft of my 2016, 371, really!!.....The ceiling is about 10feet up there as it is, the A/C is bouncing down into the loft and very little is getting into the living area directly. The second A/C, of course, is in the bedroom and will freeze you out. I'm probably going to put an additional A/C unit where the vent in the living area is and either change the loft A/C to a vent or just leave it as a spare. My cooling is not acceptable, even with moderate heat. If anyone has done a mod on their 39 ft. plus model, I would like to hear it......
Rick52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 07:42 AM   #2
rsl

Interested to hear also, I have a 371 which has one AC in bedroom and 2nd in garage. Neither main living section nor garage stay at temps I would like.
rsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 10:49 AM   #3
dcg9381

Standard issue on Keystone ACs:
Have you dropped the vent cover and checked where the plenum connects to the vents? Keystone is famous for doing a marginally-vented opening here... If your vents, try removing the vent covers and diverting the air from immediately below the AC to the vents (mine has a selector for this).
dcg9381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 05:56 PM   #4
ri_truck_guy

My 2014 371 has the A/C units in the bedroom and the garage, both vented into the main living area. I too was having a big problem with the main living area not cooling. As I was tracing the vents I discovered both AC units were blowing into one connected line. I used some aluminum tape and blocked the line at the vent right in front of the entertainment center. Now the two units aren't blowing against each other. Cooling is much better now.
2010 Harley Davidson Ultra Limited 103 CI
Everyone has issues...some people's are just more interesting."
ri_truck_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 04:20 PM   #5
Rick52

I do need to check my ducted vents, they could be poorly connected. Surprised some have the second a/c in the garage, seems like a waste. If you only have two you would think you'd want one in the main living area or close. Some may be sleeping in the garage, occasionally, but most of the time it's exposed to outside air as a party area....
Rick52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 11:23 AM   #6
dcg9381

I have a "garage" AC unit also. You can close the vents in the garage and it largely cools the living room area... I agree, though, it'd be better to move it forward, use it non-ducted, it'd be more efficient.
dcg9381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 12:55 PM   #7
Dunerdude781

i just purchased a 2016 Keystone Fuzion 413, one ac in the garage and one in the bedroom, i get almost no ac in the living area very very little, even if i close the diverter switches on the both of the units to vent into the ducting 2 of the 4 vents put out no air. does anybody have any suggestions to cool down the living area? everyone is saying to remove the ac/check ducting i have no idea how to do this since i am not mechanically inclined. any help is appreciated.
Dunerdude781 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 06:35 AM   #8
SC Dreamer

I put a 12" fan in opening to upper bunk and run it to circulate the cold air in living area. Works great and way better then using the crappy duct situation As far as moving air around.
SC Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 05:09 AM   #9
whcarr

2017 371xedition. Camping in texas,NM,SOuthern Colorado, temps 85 to 105, my units are main living area and front bedroom, vents are minimal at best. Just had camping world install 3rd unit in garage, they did not no how to properly wire it. So had to use air conditioner mounted controls, bit of a pain but well worth the effort. Why not move your unit to the center vent in your living room.
whcarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 12:15 PM   #10
sarahdove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick52 View Post
I know there is a lot of talk going on about A/C problems in the bigger rv's. I'm pretty unhappy about mine. Granted I live in So. Calif and spend a lot of time in hot weather. Keystone, however, placed the main living A/C unit in the loft of my 2016, 371, really!!.....The ceiling is about 10feet up there as it is, the A/C is bouncing down into the loft and very little is getting into the living area directly. The second A/C, of course, is in the bedroom and will freeze you out. I'm probably going to put an additional A/C unit where the vent in the living area is and either change the loft A/C to a vent or just leave it as a spare. My cooling is not acceptable, even with moderate heat. If anyone has done a mod on their 39 ft. plus model, I would like to hear it......
Hello Rick, We are neighbors, Helendale here. I posted in "AC advice needed " you might want to read what we did to solve our cooling problem. :-)
sarahdove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 01:16 PM   #11
Fuzion342

I crawled up and pulled all the vents out and found that 3 of them in my ceiling still had the Styrofoam still in the vent opening.. they had cut it out but didn't remove it. So I took all that out and got more flow, its better but not great. we still use a small fan to help move air around.
Fuzion342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 06:37 AM   #12
Brentw

Be sure to take the AC cover off ( inside rv) and ensure the plenum divider between supply and return air flow is properly installed.
2008 Goldwing
Brentw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 08:28 AM   #13
whcarr

I added a 3rd ac check k n l,s post
whcarr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fuzion