Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 06-13-2016, 06:14 PM   #1
Colorado

Spray paint

I have a 2015 Alpine and I cracked the fiberglass on the left rear corner. Not to had to reglass the corner, but I am not sure where one would get the off white paint.

Any suggestions anyone.
Colorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 05:15 AM   #2
bsmith0404

Check with your dealer or places like camping world. If all else fails, you can take it to a body shop and have them match/blend it.

Brent
2013 Alpine 3500RE
2019 Silverado 2500HD Duramax
U.S. Air Force Retired (25 yrs)
bsmith0404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 01:53 PM   #3
Pull Toy

I haven't checked in a while, but "Krylon" brand used to have two colors of WHITE. "Colonial White" was kind an egg shell off white color, and Artic White was a "bluish" type of pure white.

The cap colors are usually pretty close to true, so take your water heater cover with you to home depot, (assuming it matches the trailer), and stare and compare. If it's a close call... try a q-tip dab inside the water heater cover, and let it dry completely before checking. Lots cheaper than custom if it works.

Another thought, depending on the amount of damage, it might be the perfect time for added reflectors to hide the boo-boo.

Pull Toy

Steve & Jan, Ava & Emma (Mini Schnauzers):
2016 F350 Lariat 4X4 Powerstroke CC/SB "PULLTOY V"
2013 Alpine 3535RE "MAGIC CARPET IV"
Proud Navy Vet!
Pull Toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 02:39 PM   #4
Colorado

Thanks for your suggestions. Dealer could not help (said Keystone would not sell a can of spray paint, service manager did give me the color (oyster white)
and I found a small chip, took it to Home Depot, who matched it perfectly. Since this was a samll area that I reworked with bondo, you can't tell where it was patched.
Old 06-22-2016, 02:40 PM   #5
Colorado

Smile found some paint

Thanks for your suggestions. Dealer could not help (said Keystone would not sell a can of spray paint, service manager did give me the color (oyster white)
and I found a small chip, took it to Home Depot, who matched it perfectly. Since this was a small area that I reworked with bondo, you can't tell where it was patched.