Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 08-09-2010, 03:29 PM   #1
twoclaws

Hello from SW Florida

New to site. Enjoy reading and learning.
Have: 2007 Toyota Tundra 5.7L w/tow package

Had: New 2008 Keystone Springdale 266 RLSSR, worked in Yellowstone Nat. Pk. for 4 months, traveled western states 2 months, came home and sold it. Served it purpose but too big.
Now just want to camp and visit Nat.Parks and Historic Sites. Here there and yonder.

Presently Investigating: 199ML Passport or 241 RBLS Kodiak.
Any feedback greatly appreciated on Passports or OTHERS.

Previously owned: 94 Coleman Pop-Up and 76 Starcraft Pop-up
twoclaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 05:07 AM   #2
Flyguy

Welcome to the forum!
Timbrens
Flyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 06:31 AM   #3
antiqfreq

Hi TwoClaws,

I am from S. Florida also (Ft. Lauderdale area).

Welcome to the forum.

We are currently fulltiming and knowo what you mean about 'too big' when going to all the Naitonal Parks.

We have been on the road since Feb 2010 and see lots of smaller campers and truck campers getting into and going to places our fifth wheel won't.

But since we live in ours fulltime we decided the size is best for us for our needs right now.

Good luck with your search and please keep us all informed!

Jo
ISSPRO pillar gauges
Pullrite 15K sliding hitch
2-Honda Eu2000i's in toolbox
2012 Polaris 400
2012 Polaris 330
antiqfreq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 05:03 PM   #4
twoclaws

Thank You Jo!

Appreciate the welcome. I find this web-site amazing. So much knowledge being shared. Hope your enjoying the full-time RVing. Several of our fellow workers at Yellowstone were full timers - some beautiful Class A's and some gorgeous fifth wheels. Got to love 'em but too big for me. Even though we were parked for 4 months the 2 months plus of pulling the 266 Sprindale became worry-some at times. Finding a gas station and which we could fit in. County road in Utah was not well posted. Went down a 20 mile tiny two lane mountainous road rather than taking a longer route. Got towards the bottom it size restrictions were posted. Had to turn around and pull up "hill" keeping my eye on the gas gauge. Thank the Lord we made it back to the time found the first gas station AND the tiny sign posting size restrictions. Unable to enter Zion and there were some other areas on our journey where SIZE became a sticky situation.
Yesterday drove 190 miles to examine the 199ML Passport. Had to do it just to know if it was what we could use. Long day but educational - found out that it's not our cup of tea! The couch is rather flimsy and 18" is not much of a slide out. Used Flyguy's (our moderator here) posting to check the trailers for exposed wood on the bottom of the verticle walls (see his posting in General Area of this sites menu). 2010 exposed wood and 2011 appears to have a complete enclosed wheel well - Saleman did not know nor the Florida rep he called and I talked to and today got call from Keystone Rep from Indiana - he did not know this. I'll close for now. Thanks again twoclaws
twoclaws is offline   Reply With Quote