Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campfire Chatter
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-05-2017, 01:01 PM   #9
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyeeMan View Post
They should try some reverse psychology. Start posting the pictures from that link all over the place. People will see the crowds and decide to go somewhere else. Give it a couple years and it will be fine.

You know, I don't know if it will ever be fine again. When I was younger we had no money, had to save all year long to take a 1 week vacation and got to go to someplace like Zion or the like. When we got there (or other places like it) it was vacant. It was just you and the landscape. Fantastic. We didn't go anywhere again for a year.

Fast forward to today. I have no idea where people get all the money they seem to have, and there are so many of them that it boggles the mind. The pictures in the link just make me sad to say the least. But there are millions of folks going, doing, wandering around every single day; in what used to be isolated, desolate pristine areas - no more. I think it is a picture of the future however dismal it may be. So, after reading this article I told my wife that beginning in spring after we return from FL we are going to forego going to the places we own and take out to see all the wonderful places I've not taken the time to see - before I can't.
sourdough is online now   Reply With Quote