Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 05-04-2015, 03:40 PM   #1
rmcspeterson

Exclamation Location of 30 amp fuse for main slide/landing gear

We have a 2013 Cougar 331MKS. Today my main slide and landing gear stopped working from the control panel. They still work using the remote control. I called the dealer. He said I need to replace the 30 amp fuse. He said the fuse box is located in the battery compartment on the wall above the batteries. He said the fuse box holds 5 or 6 fuses so it is not big. I have looked all over in the battery compartment and cannot find it. Does anyone have any ideas as to where this fuse is located? Thanks!
rmcspeterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 04:47 PM   #2
Festus2
Site Team

The 30A fuse for our front landing gear is located in the front compartment about a foot or so from the battery box. It is not in a "fuse box" but is a single, inline type fuse and is "concealed" in the coiled, black wire wrap. It isn't visible since it is covered by the wrap.

Your setup may be different but you might want to check out this possible location.

If your 30A regular fuse blows often, you might want to consider replacing it with a 30A resettable-type circuit breaker.
Old 05-04-2015, 04:56 PM   #3
racin500

Mine was an inline fuse but it's been replaced with an automotive type. It's the black connector on the orange wire. In-lines are stuffed into plastic tube so you might need to hunt along the tubing. All that I have seen are at this location just above the battery.

2007 Chevy 3500 6.6L Allison, Crew Cab, Dually, Long-bed, 4x4
2007 Everest 295TS
https://www.keystonerv.org/forums/pic...116708&thumb=1
racin500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 05:22 PM   #4
GmaPaTime

I have the Ground Control III setup on mine and all four 35amp fuses for the leveling system are located on the ceiling of the front compartment in a fuse block.

Steve
2015 Jayco 31UL MH
2015 Cougar X-Lite 29RLI
GmaPaTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 06:21 PM   #5
rmcspeterson

Thanks

I appreciate the input. I will take a look tomorrow.
Old 05-12-2015, 04:57 PM   #6
rmcspeterson

Angry Problem not solved

Turns out it wasn't the fuse. I have the 5th wheel in the shop and will let you know what the problem turns out to be.
Old 05-20-2015, 03:55 PM   #7
rmcspeterson

Angry The saga continues

I took the 5th wheel to Camping World service since I thought I had gotten poor service from my local dealer (where I spent thousands of dollars to buy it in the first place!) Camping World told me that they contacted Keystone and was told that the problem is the Control Panel (which I have had serviced once before and subsequently the dealer replaced it). And Keystone no longer makes the same panel anymore. So on June 9 it goes back to the dealer. Even though the warranty period is passed, I intend to convince them that the control panel is known defective and ought to be replaced at no cost to me. By the way it cost me $143.00 at Camping World to get this far. More to come.
Old 03-12-2022, 09:00 AM   #8
Kstorms

I have a 2016 26RLS and am having the same problem locating the in-line fuse. It is not anywhere in the battery compartment and I do not see any location underneath the wiring harness. Anyone have suggestions for this model rig?

My landing gear works with remote but not with wired switch. Other posts point to a potential blown fuse in-line. Thus the reason for my search..
Kstorms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2022, 09:44 AM   #9
JRTJH
Site Team

I believe you have a 2016 Hideout 26RLS ??? That's a travel trailer, not a fifth wheel, and the Hideout line in that year, I don't believe, came with a remote control system. So I'm confused by your reference to the landing gear (on fifth wheels) rather than the tongue jack (which is used on travel trailers) and the statement that they work with the remote but not the manual switch....

So, some clarification would help.... Do you mean the tongue jack doesn't work with the manual switch? or are you talking about a different trailer than the 2016 Hideout 26RLS ???

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2022, 10:16 AM   #10
Kstorms

It is a 26 RLS fifth wheel, Xlite. But I just now found the in-line fuse. The wiring harness from the landing gear switch was stuffed over behind the propane tank compartment. After practically standing on my head and reaching over, i was able to fish the wires out from behind, and there was the in-line fuse. Replaced the fuse and I am back in business. Many other posts had mentioned the fuse is closer to the battery. But in this case, it was on the opposite side of the trailer behind the propane tank compartment.
Old 03-12-2022, 10:36 AM   #11
JRTJH
Site Team

Good that you found the fuse. You might want to update your profile information and refer to your trailer as a XLite 26RLS in future posts. Keystone has 3 or 4 "26RLS models"... None of them are in the same brand or same line, so without defining what 26RLS you own, you're sending people on a "wild goose chase" trying to decide what you're talking about.....

On my Cougar XLite 27RKS, the landing gear fuse is located centered above the front storage compartment door, in the wiring harness that runs from curbside to roadside. It's "buried" inside the corrugated wireloom cover and IMPOSSIBLE to see unless you peel the loom off of the wiring harness... VERY WELL HIDDEN... I found it accidentally when I was installing wiring for a rear view camera. Had it not been for installing that camera, I'd have never, ever thought to look in that area for a fuse..... Since then, I've had to replace it once in a campground, so I'd have been 'stuck with no landing gear" had I not been nosey while installilng a rear camera harness.....

If changing the fuse doesn't work, let us know, there are a couple of "quirks with the XLite remote control system" that you may need to check...

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2022, 04:24 PM   #12
Diver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kstorms View Post
I have a 2016 26RLS and am having the same problem locating the in-line fuse. It is not anywhere in the battery compartment and I do not see any location underneath the wiring harness. Anyone have suggestions for this model rig?

My landing gear works with remote but not with wired switch. Other posts point to a potential blown fuse in-line. Thus the reason for my search..
mine did same thing
service tech found fuse behind panel up behind switch on front of rig
he moved it into the front compartment in right side .. still close to switch not on battery side but now i can see and access it if needed
Old 03-12-2022, 10:59 AM   #13
Kstorms

Thanks. Updated my profile information to be more precise.
Old 03-12-2022, 04:57 PM   #14
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kstorms View Post
Thanks. Updated my profile information to be more precise.
It would make it even easier fot folks to help if you added a signature with your trailer and tow vehichle information.
flybouy is online now   Reply With Quote