Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 08-24-2017, 06:07 PM   #1
rnkburg

Genturi or not

Considering the genturi for my raptor 300mp. 2012 model. We don't dry camp much but if it's hot I would run gen at night for ac. There are tons of reviews out there and tons of pros and cons. What is everyone's thought. Is this worth it? Do we need it with the raptors? It's not as much for the quiet but for the carbon dioxide emissions. My exhaust comes out between bedroom slide and the main slide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rnkburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 07:11 PM   #2
MattHelm21

It is completely worth it. Don't get one for quieting the generator. It doesn't make a significant difference there. However, for me it is about being considerate to your neighbor(s). Setups at NASCAR races are pretty close together and without it that exhaust goes right into the next campsite. Even if you are camping alone, if the wind is right the exhaust can blow into your own campsite. Getting it up and out really does the trick.

I purchased mine for my last trailer about 14 years ago. It moved right over to the new one. I only had to purchase the extension since I was 12' 8" and now I'm 13' 3" high. I think mathematically, that makes for one of the best return on investments so far.
Old 08-25-2017, 10:33 AM   #3
suddensam

I got one for my Raptor 332TS. It also has the exhaust come out between the bedroom slide and main slide. Before I got the Genturi it was more common then not to get exhaust smells inside the trailer when running the generator. I am very happy with mine.

I've been using the suction cup brackets to secure it to the side of the trailer and would have a hard time recommending them. You have to make sure the wall is very clean if you want any hope of getting them to stay were you put them. I like the idea of not permanently affixing something to the side of the trailer but I'm ready to give up on them and just use the adhesive backed brackets that came with the genturi for a more permanent solution.
Old 08-25-2017, 10:36 AM   #4
rnkburg

Interesting. I was looking at the suction cup mounts on Amazon as you sent this. I too don't want to rivit anything into my trailer. And the prices are all over the board. Camping world online and Amazon have it for 109. Camping world store is 130. And local rv dealer is 180! Sounds like a prime option for me if I get one.

Old 08-25-2017, 10:36 AM   #5
rnkburg

Did you need the extension with your setup on the raptor. I presume your height is similar to mine

Old 08-25-2017, 10:58 AM   #6
suddensam

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnkburg View Post
Did you need the extension with your setup on the raptor. I presume your height is similar to mine

Yes, I needed the extension
Old 08-25-2017, 04:33 PM   #7
MattHelm21

Anything over 12'8" should probably have the extension. Try these instead of the suction cup hooks which come with the Genturi. I didn't want to drill into the trailer and they worked on my last one for 16 years and they work on the Fuzion although they don't last forever. The hooks I mean. I just keep a box of them in the trailer.
Attached Images

Old 08-26-2017, 02:48 PM   #8
spicercars

I have one and would never be without it. Works great.
Old 08-26-2017, 02:53 PM   #9
rnkburg

Ordered it all from Amazon last night. Should be here first of week. It was cheaper to get it there with the extension and some suction cups vs going to the local rv dealer for just the genturi itself.

Old 08-26-2017, 03:51 PM   #10
MattHelm21

Congratulations. It's a great kit. DW was reminding me that many NASCAR camping areas require the use of these for safety reasons so you will be good to go now. BTW, I did the Amazon route as well way back when. For anyone interested in judging the height without the extension, here is a picture of it installed on my previous 12' 8" high fifth wheel.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9514.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	203.3 KB
ID:	13881  
Old 10-14-2017, 11:10 AM   #11
DMK

I wouldn't be without ours! We have the extension and I used 3M double sided auto trim tape to affix the brackets to the side of my TH without drilling holes. I would also suggest upgrading your CO detector in your bedroom to one with a digital readout.

2013 Raptor 300 MP, MORryde 8K IS, Kodiak disc brakes, 940 watt solar system, 630 ah battery bank, Magnum 2000 watt pure sine wave inverter/charger, ME-ARC, ME-AGS, ME-BMK.

2005 Freightliner Century Class S/T, 14L 60 Series Detroit, 10 spd Ultrashift, w/3.73, Trailer Saver TSLB 3 bag hitch.
DMK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 06:23 PM   #12
Wayne883

Highly recommended. We have one, with the extra extension tube, and use the suction cups. They work great. The one time I used the generator without the genturi the alarm in the bedroom alarmed in my 2010 361LEV.

Wayne883 is offline   Reply With Quote