Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 07-15-2018, 01:05 PM   #1
earlzach

Leaks!!!!

So last time out in June came home a day early do to a leak in the front cap seam. I feel like I fixed it with new Dicor.

Today coming home it began to rain. After we got home we were removing the bedding in the top bunk and guess what???? Yep, a leak at the window!!! Yeah! I have more leaks in my brand new trailer than I ever had in the one I traded. So disheartening!!!!

It makes me disgusted that I ever parted with my 26Salem TBUD. Ole' heavy had no issues. Keystone doesn't build them well that's for certain. I know some will say 'Ive had no issues" Wonderful! I on the other hand have. It just seams odd that after all of the years invested in building trailers leak proofing isnt a MUST to be a leader in some form of quality!! This sux!
Old 07-15-2018, 01:09 PM   #2
pikespeakviewer

We had to replace all of our roof seals - where the rubber roof slopes down to meet the walls. We had a leak above our door and that little seal was the culprit.

Ours is a Springdale, neighbours have a Hideout - they had the same problem. It's like the lap sealant that was used was defective to start peeling away after 1 year.
pikespeakviewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 01:55 PM   #3
JimQ

So sorry to hear your dealing with such a leak in a brand new trailer. Keep us posted as to your course of action. Hopefully your dealer will help resolve your situation. You are so correct, quality control is nonexistent.
JimQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak, leaks