Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campgrounds & Destinations
Click Here to Login

Old 06-01-2017, 08:52 PM   #1
Bumala

2017 eclipse

Hi all,
Anyone have any suggestions of spaces in Oregon? (Other than I should have done this six months ago). I haven't really worked at it yet, but all of the easy ones are full. I can see a few overflow lots. Going to start calling Monday, since tomorrow I'm trying to sell my sailboat.
http:\\www.Bumala.com
Bumala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 09:19 PM   #2
Alpine

Ummmm good luck! I checked "months" ago and "full" is the word! I have not looked lately...for maybe a cancellation!

Jeff & Jan - Retired & Full-timing since 2013
2019 Ram Big Horn 3500 Aisin 4x4
2012 Alpine 3450-RL
Double Coin 235/75R-17.5/16 J rated 125lb
Alpine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 04:37 AM   #3
chuckster57
Site Team

I checked yesterday like a dummy and yeah everything is booked. Luckily my sister has 30A service so I'm good.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 09:22 AM   #4
Jeepshots

We're doing the Eclipse in St Joseph, MO. I made reservations a year ago, at the AOK campground & RV Park. I had called around to hotels at the time, and they were tripling their nightly price on Sunday night. So that led me to look at renting a camper, and finding a campground. Found AOK after some searching, and I booked some nights there. Then I started exploring the idea of buying a camper rather than renting one - and I did! The whole eclipse event is what led me to purchase our Bullet. St Joseph is supposed to be having a big viewing event at the airport - festivities are slated for the entire weekend leading up to the eclipse on Monday.
~ In your darkest hour when the demons come, call on me brother and we will fight them together! ~
Jeepshots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 09:46 AM   #5
Mandolin

The only thing that might be available is a private home, which you MIGHT be able to find on Craigslist or similar, but that is a longshot.

The campgrounds have been booked for months and even the "first come first serve" campgrounds actually took reservations, so they aren't an option. About a month ago the state opened up all the "overflow" campgrounds for reservations and they were gone with 3 hours.

The Oregon State Patrol and the various city/county groups also plan to patrol the main roads to keep people from just stopping and camping.
Mandolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 07:41 AM   #6
Sarvi

The weekend/Monday of the eclipse, there's a 4 day country music concert, in the path of totality, with camping available. That's where I'm gonna be, even though my house is in the path also. I don't believe it's sold out. http://www.willamettecountrymusicfestival.com/
Sarvi is offline   Reply With Quote