Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 10-14-2018, 07:41 PM   #71
Snoking

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcomeaux View Post
Just replace every three years and have no fear.....
S637's will last longer than three years. How many miles to you go between oil changes?

Old 10-15-2018, 07:52 PM   #72
CWtheMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoking View Post
S637's will last longer than three years.

And that's probably because the tensile strength of the steel cords in the S637 will resist heat damage better than the polyester cords in most of the other brands.

CWtheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 07:11 PM   #73
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
...I'll post the answer as soon as Goodyear responds to my question.... I'm not holding my breath anticipating a positive response, but we'll see......
Here is the "official response from Goodyear"

goodyear_cr [email protected]e
To [email protected]*****

All Goodyear tires come with a six year limited warranty. During the first 12 months or 2/32" of tread wear, whichever comes first, tires removed from service due to a covered warranty condition will be replaced with a comparable Goodyear product free of charge, mounting and balancing are included.

Tires not eligible for free replacement that are removed from service due to a covered warranty condition will be replaced with a comparable new Goodyear tire on a prorated basis for up to six (6) years from the date of purchase. (Without proof of purchase the date of manufacture will be used to determine eligibility.)

If damages are caused due to a tire failure, a damage claim will be initiated to determine cause or condition. Then our Property Damage Claims Team will determine if the cost of repairs will be reimbursed
Vanassa
Consumer Relations

That process is, to my understanding, the same process used by all tire manufacturers, even TowMax.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 08:14 PM   #74
Snoking

Sounds pretty close to what I said.?

How many other tire manufacturers have you ever heard or read of any other tire company beyond GY paying for consequential damages?

Only one I have heard of is BFG/Michelin. Please post a link to others that have. Chris
Old 10-16-2018, 08:19 PM   #75
JRTJH
Site Team

There are several posts on this forum detailing how TowMax paid for damages to a member's trailer. You can find those posts (about 4 years old) by using the search feature located in the black bar at the top of every forum webpage.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 08:22 PM   #76
Snoking

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
There are several posts on this forum detailing how TowMax paid for damages to a member's trailer. You can find those posts (about 4 years old) by using the search feature located in the black bar at the top of every forum webpage.
So why did you question that GY would do this if you knew that others do it ? How about a link, I can not find them.
Old 10-16-2018, 09:19 PM   #77
sourdough

Quote:
Sounds pretty close to what I said.?

How many other tire manufacturers have you ever heard or read of any other tire company beyond GY paying for consequential damages?

Only one I have heard of is BFG/Michelin. Please post a link to others that have. Chris

For what it is worth, anyone that worries about a tire manufacturers "warranty" paying for any damages done due to a "faulty" tire, which they (the company) will determine, or for the tire itself, is wasting their time and naive. I've not ever seen it happen but others may have. As far as GY, I used to use them exclusively for most everything; they aren't the company they used to be nor their products and I wouldn't trust them to pay anything for damages...there's always a copout. JMO
sourdough is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 09:23 PM   #78
sourdough

Quote:
So why did you question that GY would do this if you knew that others do it ? How about a link, I can not find them.
I think John is running on memory and I think I recall the same thing. You may need to rearrange your search criteria to find the items mentioned. We would have to do the same thing to do it for you.
sourdough is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 09:45 PM   #79
Snoking

In the case they replace or paid for tires.
https://heartlandowners.org/archive/...p/t-47483.html

Towmax warranty:
TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED
BY THE LAWS OF YOUR STATE, THIS WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER AND EXPRESSLY
EXCLUDES ANY COVERAGE FOR PERSONAL INJURY, PROPERTY DAMAGE, LOSS OF
TIME, INCONVENIENCE, LOSS OF USE OF YOUR VEHICLE OR TIRE, OR ANY OTHER
INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES.

Link to warranty
https://www.tirerack.com/images/pdf/warranty/PK0112.pdf

If someone got damages paid for they most likely lived in a state the does does not allow INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES exclusions in warranties.
Old 10-17-2018, 04:38 AM   #80
ctbruce
Site Team

This is getting old. No one knows. Everyone is speculating at best.

Until the Sh** hits the fan and someone files a claim with GY, there is no way to know. Their words, "IF" determined by them and their team, gives a little hope, but their sole job in life is to figure out how you screwed up and allowed their tire to fail and how it was not their fault.

If you want GY Endurance, by all means buy them. But don't speculate on what hasn't happened yet as if it will. If you want Carlisle, Maxxis, Sailun or God forbid, TowM...something, then get them and be happy. It's all good. And leave it at that.

Your tires have very little to do with how big or smart or great a guy or gal you are. They simply are a tool to get us all to our intended goal of going camping. That's it. Nothing more and nothing less.

God, this is going to be a long winter of cabin fever.

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Impact 312
2017 Silverado 3500HD SRW
ctbruce is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tires