Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 08-30-2015, 04:32 PM   #1
Island boy

Slideout issues

Started having issues with my 2011 Avalanche slide outs When moving them in or out they will just stop moving. Taking my finger off switch and in a second operate the switch again and they work. Checked the ground in battery box area and they are tight. Is there an auto reset breaker somewhere. Don't know where to look next. Any help would be appreciated
Island boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 04:57 PM   #2
Javi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Island boy View Post
Started having issues with my 2011 Avalanche slide outs When moving them in or out they will just stop moving. Taking my finger off switch and in a second operate the switch again and they work. Checked the ground in battery box area and they are tight. Is there an auto reset breaker somewhere. Don't know where to look next. Any help would be appreciated
Most likely near the battery.. it'll look like this.

Just a thought... are you moving all the slides at once or one at a time?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PK54530_2_1000.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	62.0 KB
ID:	9327  
Old 08-30-2015, 07:18 PM   #3
chuckster57
Site Team

Like Java asked, are you moving one slide at a time? If your trying to run multiple slides at the same time, your most likely overloading the circuit. Another question is how are the battery(s). Low voltage will cause high amperage and pop a circuit breaker too.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 08:41 PM   #4
tgpilot

If it's a Keystone like mine, it has a single switch to operate all slides one at a time.

I have the same problem and in fact my unit is in the shop right now for other issues. But, I had them look at the stalling problem when it's run in and out. They told me yesterday that it's the nature of the beast with Lippert equipment. They had put heavier wires on the battery to the pumps, that did help a bit. I did put a resettable fuse on it because I kept blowing them on the front legs that I was also having a problem with. They have checked it out twice, nothing else going on, I also had CW check it out earlier this year, nothing.
Old 09-13-2015, 03:48 PM   #5
Island boy

Talking Slideout issues

Sorry about the length of time to return a reply,been out of town a couple of weeks. Just replaced the 50amp breaker suggested and that did the trick,works like new thanks so much,big help
Island boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 06:31 PM   #6
Ron

As the Hydraulic fluid gets colder and thicker during the colder times, the pump has a more difficult time moving the fluid around in the system, putting more drag on the pump, thus creating more amps for running the pump, this will cause the circuit breaker also to trip out more often...
01 F350 7.3 PSD Crew Cab DRW 4X4 6 Speed/Chipped

Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 06:34 AM   #7
WaltBennett

Besides the issues of cold fluid, those auto breakers will age just like regular ones, and trip at less and less current over time. Lippert has a 'fix' on their web site that recommends replacing the stock ones with larger rated ones. Did that last year on our Monty and haven't had a problem since.

'06 F350 Lariat turbo diesel dually, Curt 20k, Softopper, Aerosheld, coolant filter, air bags
'10 3665RE Hickory, wet bolts, Trimetric battery monitor, 4 100w panels & Morningstar TS-45, still tweeking!
WaltBennett is offline   Reply With Quote