Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Odds 'n Ends
Click Here to Login

Old 09-22-2023, 03:32 AM   #21
KSH

Wow that is a lot of complaining for something with a simple solution. Screaming about it, wow..

https://www.healthline.com/health/he...st-sleep-masks
KSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2023, 08:10 AM   #22
dutchmensport

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSH View Post
Wow that is a lot of complaining for something with a simple solution. Screaming about it, wow..

https://www.healthline.com/health/he...st-sleep-masks
It's not so much about "sleeping" (that's what curtains are for), as it is being able to enjoy the darkness, the campfire, the moon light, and the stars. The night camping ambiance is completely destroyed when the Las Vegas strip gets light up.

I live in the country and even though we have neighbors on both sides of our property, it's dark out here with corn and bean fields for wonderful vistas to experience looking out your back yard or across the field.

The stars and the moon are marvelous. The eyes adjust to the darkness and I can see every item in the yard, especially my little dogs when they run around outside looking for a place to "go". When the moon is lit, there's enough light to see completely across the field (a mile) to the next tree line. I've often seen coyotes running across the field in the dark.

But when the porch light comes on, the eyes are completely blinded, you can't see anything except what is RIGHT in that light.

People who leave their lights on all night just don't get it. You can actually see better, especially movement, in the dark without artificial light than you can with artificial light.

Plus, as we discovered in the mountains of North Carolina, if the artificial lights are left off, the deer will actually come into your campsite while you are sitting there. Now that's awesome!

I took my grandson on a night hike at an Indiana State Park. I had him turn the flash light off and navigate the trail in the dark. After his eyes adjusted to the dark, he was amazed how much he could actually see. And then he realized there was nothing to be afraid of "in the dark", because the "dark" really is not all the dark ... once the eyes adjust. I think we walked over a mile that night.

THAT is why some of us want the darkness.
Old 09-22-2023, 07:57 PM   #23
KSH

Yeah that's all fine. The lunacy of screaming about it seemed a bit much.
KSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2023, 04:04 PM   #24
Jonahex2099

We've had all kinds of rudeness this summer - lights on, neighbors with large dogs just letting them crap in front of our camper and not cleaning it up, putting their starlink dish in our spot (which I wouldn't have minded had they *asked* but they did not), then when the site manager asked them to move it, they yell at her, people complaining about the fence in our paid for spot for our dogs (permissible in the place we stay) because they couldn't cut through with it there....the list goes on....park etiquette isn't hard - people just choose to be a$$holes.

Jonahex2099 is offline   Reply With Quote