Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 10-08-2018, 04:00 AM   #21
n4qpcham

Let me slap my hand and correct myself...somewhat. Here is the correct information:

The red and white wires are audio R and L, and the yellow wire is the video. The yellow wire should be plugged into the VIDEO OUT on the Jensen unit. This carries the video from the Jensen to the TV to play DVDs. It goes into the TV's VIDEO IN (yellow) jack.

There will be another red and white audio-only cable required from the TV’s AUDIO OUT red (R) and white (L) jacks to the Jensen’s red (R) and white (L) INPUT (AUDIO IN) jacks. This audio cable will send the TV sound to the Jensen and to the A, B, or C speakers, using the speaker switches on the Jensen.

The sound from the Jensen for AM,FM,CD, DVD, and the TV are sent to the speakers via a multi-pin jack and plug on the rear of the Jensen unit.

Yellow wire - Jensen video out to TV video in
Red wire - TV audio out (R) to Jensen audio in (R)
White wire - TV audio out (L) to Jensen audio in (L)

All this will be the same, whether you have a Jensen unit or another brand.

Had a teacher that always said, "Be sure brain is engaged before putting mouth into gear." It helps to LOOK at what you have before giving advice, Jerry!!

2004 Chevy 2500HD Crew Cab LS, 6.0L,
2014 Montana High Country 318RE with Ground Control Electric Auto Leveling System
n4qpcham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 07:35 PM   #22
Randallf

i was hoping my 2017 sprinter system had surround sound through the speakers when the tv is on. i tried everything. Any dea for me to get sourround sound? it dosn't have a built-in dvd player so dose this make it different?
randy
Randallf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 01:37 PM   #23
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randallf View Post
i was hoping my 2017 sprinter system had surround sound through the speakers when the tv is on. i tried everything. Any dea for me to get sourround sound? it dosn't have a built-in dvd player so dose this make it different?
randy
True surround sound requires a min. of 5 speakers and a min. 5 channel amplifier. A center channel and front and rear left and right channels. Most are 5.1 with the ".1" being a subwoofer. Very few manufacturers make 12vdc surround sound but few rvs come equipped with them.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 01:52 PM   #24
Buckeyexx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randallf View Post

randy

I’m in the same boat as you. My passport came with the furrion dv7100 and for the life of me I can’t figure out how to put sound through the speakers while watching tv. It came from the factory with audio and video cable connected from tv to the back of the stereo but nothing comes through. I have tried switching things around and nothing works.
Buckeyexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 02:15 PM   #25
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybouy View Post
True surround sound requires a min. of 5 speakers and a min. 5 channel amplifier. A center channel and front and rear left and right channels. Most are 5.1 with the ".1" being a subwoofer. Very few manufacturers make 12vdc surround sound but few rvs come equipped with them.
Man, you're making me feel old! "True surround"? That term is relatively new in the last several years, I guess since 5.1, 7.1 etc. evolved. But "true surround"? I remember back in the day when stereo (2 channels) advanced to 4 channels...TRUE SURROUND!! (back then) Got caught up in it (I was really into music back then) and had my Pioneer 4 channel receiver and big Klipsch speakers going or running into my Koss 4 channel headphones. Problem was the turntable, Pioneer reel to reel and about 99% of the 8 track tapes (I had a 4 channel 8 track player) were only stereo. It was great for a while but fizzled out. Now 5.1 and 7.1 are the "true surround" sound and there are lots of things to support it.

Sorry for getting off track; the topic just kind of popped into my head when I read that and thought I would throw out that bit of trivia. Back to the program.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 02:24 PM   #26
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
Man, you're making me feel old! "True surround"? That term is relatively new in the last several years, I guess since 5.1, 7.1 etc. evolved. But "true surround"? I remember back in the day when stereo (2 channels) advanced to 4 channels...TRUE SURROUND!! (back then) Got caught up in it (I was really into music back then) and had my Pioneer 4 channel receiver and big Klipsch speakers going or running into my Koss 4 channel headphones. Problem was the turntable, Pioneer reel to reel and about 99% of the 8 track tapes (I had a 4 channel 8 track player) were only stereo. It was great for a while but fizzled out. Now 5.1 and 7.1 are the "true surround" sound and there are lots of things to support it.

Sorry for getting off track; the topic just kind of popped into my head when I read that and thought I would throw out that bit of trivia. Back to the program.
Yep had the whole qudraphonic set up myself. You haven't lived until hearing Pink Floyd Dark Side of the Moon or the Who's Qudfaphonia in discrete 4 ch. I had 4 matched speakers, each with 15 inc woffer, 2 -6 inc mids, 2 -3 inc tweeters and a 2 inc super tweeter. A Girrard turntable with Aidio Technica cartridge and stylus. What a shame it didn't stay around. O.K. Now I feel old. Holy Stuff where's the Metemucil!
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 11:23 PM   #27
Roscoe

Sorry for the late picture reply. Works with aux 1 input. Plays over trailer speakers. Hopefully this helps some people. Red and white are at the audio output spot on the television. The yellow input stays in the same
Spot it was from the factory
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0D0671BF-EB6E-427C-9074-CA4E55660019.jpg
Views:	829
Size:	197.0 KB
ID:	18978  
Roscoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 04:50 AM   #28
C.LeeNick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeyexx View Post
I’m in the same boat as you. My passport came with the furrion dv7100 and for the life of me I can’t figure out how to put sound through the speakers while watching tv. It came from the factory with audio and video cable connected from tv to the back of the stereo but nothing comes through. I have tried switching things around and nothing works.

Our Passport came with the DV7100 as well, and we couldn't get sound from the TV to the stereo..but after trying different plugs on the back of the DV7100, we COULD get sound from the stereo to the TV speakers!

Turned out, in our case, Passport had put a cable with RCA jacks on each end through the ceiling, but the TV installed did not have RCA output jacks for sound. The RCA jacks on the TV were INPUT jacks. The only output jack on the TV is an "earphone" jack on the back, which is a mini-plug. In my case, I was able to fish some wires through the ceiling with the proper connectors. I wanted to add a wire from the antenna jack on the DV7100 to the amplified TV antenna jack anyway, so I was willing to fool with fishing wires (the TV antenna is also an amplified FM antenna). I could have also done it with an adapter from the mini-pug "earphone" jack to the RCA plugs on the existing wire. I think it would have needed a stereo mini-plug to two RCA jack adapter, and a couple of double-ended female RCA adapters.

Hope that helps!
C.LeeNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 12:23 PM   #29
Blackbirdpilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by WNY Bullet View Post
Wouldn't you also need to change the same red/white cables from output to input on the back of your DVD/Radio?

Thats what I had to do. I have Furrion 3300 if I am remembering the model number correctly.

I just left the rca cable that was already there in place and added another one so I could connect my tv output to the stereos input.

The existing rca was connected to the stereo units output for sending dvd sound to your tv.
We just stream stuff thru our firestick using a wifi hotspot and wanted the sound to come thru the stereo speakers since our tv speakers are worthless.
Blackbirdpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 02:07 PM   #30
rdhouston

I put a 2.1 Vizio sound bar under the TV with sub in the corner and it's awesome!
Old 12-01-2018, 05:48 PM   #31
Jonnyjuno

2019 montana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe View Post
This may not apply to everyone's system but i found on our trailer if you take the red and white rca's that come up from the audio unit if equipped with a DVD player. Swap the red and white to the audio out on your Tely and turn the radio source to AUX-1 and it should in theory play your tely sound through the speakers in your trailer. I did this on our 2013 cougar and also my parents 2018 cougar. hope this helps anyone who cares to have surround sound in their camper..

Cheer's
They hook it up from the factory with HDMI now (because the integrated DVD player) just change radio input to hdmi arc and tv will play through stereo I have the Jensen unit in a 2019 montana 3700lk
Jonnyjuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 06:07 PM   #32
Local150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonnyjuno View Post
They hook it up with HDMI for you just change radio input to hdmi arc and tv will play through stereo
Am saving your post so when it warms up I can try it
Local150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 06:52 PM   #33
Cfilipiak

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookinwitdiesel View Post
I also was looking to achieve this goal of using the better and built-in speakers when watching TV. I achieved this a different way though. My Hideout had a Furrion DV3100 installed. I went ahead and bought and upgraded to a DV3300 unit with HDMI instead. The Summit TV that came in our trailer has an HDMI interface with ARC (Audio Return Channel). The DV3300 also supports this on its HDMI port. What this enables is that the TV can output the sound over the HDMI back to the Furrion unit which then plays sound over the speakers. This will only work with input from other HDMI interfaces on TV (such as a laptop, media streaming box, or Blu-ray player) but that works fine for my purposes.

Hopefully this helps some!
So what is the wire configuration? I have the furrion HDMI cable connected to HDMI on the summit TV. I have the direct tv connected to the HDMI 2 on the Summit TV. I have the dv3300 set on ARC. But I can’t get any sound through the RV speakers. Can you advise as to your wire pattern? Thanks
Cfilipiak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 08:35 PM   #34
Rber1234

I too would like to know exactly how you were able to channel Tv sound thru TT speakers. I just upgraded TT speakers with JVC J620 300W ones. I’ve been trying to figure out to output to them from Tv.
Rber1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 08:53 PM   #35
cookinwitdiesel

Right now I am guilty of theory crafting the setup but should be able to prove it out soon as weather improves. If the TV and Furrion are using ARC as it is intended it should all flow right.
(OLD) 2018 Keystone Hideout 28RKS Travel Trailer
cookinwitdiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 06:35 PM   #36
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rber1234 View Post
I too would like to know exactly how you were able to channel Tv sound thru TT speakers. I just upgraded TT speakers with JVC J620 300W ones. I’ve been trying to figure out to output to them from Tv.
One easy way is to buy a "patch cable" and plug it into the "headphone out" jack on the TV and into the "aux in" on the amplifier/stereo. Then it's just a selector switch to choose "aux" and turn up the sound until you can hear it comfortably.

You can also use the red/white "audio out" jacks on the back of the TV and connect them to the "audio in" jacks on the back of the stereo. Some newer stereo systems "may not have audio in" jacks....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 08:53 PM   #37
Rber1234

Never thought of that. Can’t wait to try that out as soon as the Amazon genie delivers the patch cable.
Rber1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 12:20 PM   #38
cookinwitdiesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookinwitdiesel View Post
Right now I am guilty of theory crafting the setup but should be able to prove it out soon as weather improves. If the TV and Furrion are using ARC as it is intended it should all flow right.
Finally out on my first camp trip since buying the trailer back in September. Got to confirm this set up.

Glad to report it does in fact work as hoped In my trailer, I had to set the Summit TV to use HDMI CEC and that allowed me to enable HDMI ARC as well. I then had the ARC HDMI input connected down to the DV3300 HDMI interface.

I plugged laptop into one of the other HDMI ports and started a movie. I then had to change the DV3300 to the Aux/ARC input with the remote and sounds came out the speakers for what I was watching on the TV (via my laptop but nay HDMI source should work) So it can be done
(OLD) 2018 Keystone Hideout 28RKS Travel Trailer
cookinwitdiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 05:12 PM   #39
Cfilipiak

Can’t wait to try it, we leave Thursday for California.
Old 03-24-2019, 11:15 AM   #40
Cfilipiak

I have one last question, I looked at my summit TV inputs and I don’t see anything that says, hdmi cec. What is cec and how do I set it on the TV?

Tags
speakers, television