Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Odds 'n Ends
Click Here to Login

Old 10-16-2018, 05:56 AM   #21
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbecky View Post
And all this was from a puppy. Just think what an average sized bear could do if he wanted inside one of these RVs.
Or a crook with a size 12 boot and a screwdriver.... Many people have the "false sense of Fort Knox" when inside an RV. Most of our trailers are nothing more than a "rigid wall tent" when it comes to getting inside or getting outside, either through a door, a window or even through the wall. Cardboard backed fiberglass sheeting sandwiched to 1.5" of white Styrofoam board and a 1/8" sheet of cheap plywood covered in "designer vinyl wallpaper" doesn't stop much of anything or anyone who is determined.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 06:53 AM   #22
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
Or a crook with a size 12 boot and a screwdriver.... Many people have the "false sense of Fort Knox" when inside an RV. Most of our trailers are nothing more than a "rigid wall tent" when it comes to getting inside or getting outside, either through a door, a window or even through the wall. Cardboard backed fiberglass sheeting sandwiched to 1.5" of white Styrofoam board and a 1/8" sheet of cheap plywood covered in "designer vinyl wallpaper" doesn't stop much of anything or anyone who is determined.
My line for someone who "lost" their keys...I have a universal set of keys, it's called a size 15 EEE shoe. LOL.
Modern bonded side campers remind me of walk in coolers and freezers, except they are built better.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 07:20 AM   #23
bob91yj

^^^^Doesn't say much for the quality of walk-in reefers!
bob91yj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 08:02 AM   #24
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob91yj View Post
^^^^Doesn't say much for the quality of walk-in reefers!
The "They are built better" was referencing the walk ins. They are typically a sandwich of 2 aluminum sheets which may or may not be covered in FRP with 2" of foam in between. The doors are hinged on heavy cam hinges that makes the doors mechanically self closing with a robust door latch/handle. All Fitting are stainless steel. Walls and ceilings are mechanically fastened with cam locks and all joints are sealed with an o ring type material..
Old 10-16-2018, 10:31 AM   #25
bob91yj

^^^^Misunderstood, I thought you were saying the trailers are built better.
Old 10-16-2018, 01:01 PM   #26
labman

don't think it's a puppy. looks like full size blue heeler. never met one I liked. but, I don't raise cattle.
Old 10-16-2018, 03:07 PM   #27
FlyingAroundRV

Quote:
Originally Posted by labman View Post
don't think it's a puppy. looks like full size blue heeler. never met one I liked. but, I don't raise cattle.
Yep, a blue heeler for sure. Those and Border Collies should not be kept as house pets. They are working dogs that are highly intelligent and border on OCD. They need to burn off LOTS of energy and when cooped up in a house with nothing to do, they go mental.
My SIL had a Border collie as a pet and it loved to fetch a tennis ball. The thing is, that dog would chase the ball until it dropped dead from a heart attack if you kept throwing the ball.
2018 Outback 272UFL

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCscotthendry
FlyingAroundRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 03:12 PM   #28
bob91yj

We have a Boston Terrier/Blue Heeler mix. We adopted her when she was about 8 months old. She's about 2.5 now, she's been an awesome dog for us. She travels well, doesn't destroy anything and has been content with daily games of fetch at the dog park.

We lived in a sticks and bricks house with a fenced back yard when we got her, been in the travel trailer for a little over a year now.
Old 10-16-2018, 04:28 PM   #29
66joej

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
I think you are wrong John. I'm sure I didn't buy one of those.

2018 Ram 3500 6.4 Harvest Edition
2018 Cougar 27RESWE
66joej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 04:38 PM   #30
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66joej View Post
I think you are wrong John. I'm sure I didn't buy one of those.
If yours is fiberglass, I hate to be the bearer of bad news.... On the other hand, if yours is aluminum sided, that's the reason for the screwdriver (rather than the boot)....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 04:57 AM   #31
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingAroundRV View Post
Yep, a blue heeler for sure. Those and Border Collies should not be kept as house pets. They are working dogs that are highly intelligent and border on OCD. They need to burn off LOTS of energy and when cooped up in a house with nothing to do, they go mental.
My SIL had a Border collie as a pet and it loved to fetch a tennis ball. The thing is, that dog would chase the ball until it dropped dead from a heart attack if you kept throwing the ball.
I think getting the wrong animal (breed of dog) is the downfall of many a dog owner. A working dog needs to be worked or they will get board. We had a sheltie and required exercise and work (playing fetch, running) BEFORE leaving him alone. Our Brittanys require exercise and working before leaving them. If the cg doesn't have a dog run we will take them to an isolated area and put them on a 30' lead and let them flush out the game. Many folks would do better for themselves and the animal if they get a cute and fuzzy stuffed animal instead of a live one. JMHO
Old 10-17-2018, 05:24 AM   #32
bob91yj

^^^^True statement for sure. One of my neighbors got a Weimeraner puppy. I've had one in the past, gorgeous dogs, great personalities...NOT a trailer dog.