Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 05-05-2017, 04:40 AM   #21
xcntrk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Mango View Post
I did spend some time in the new Fuzion yesterday afternoon. Noticed that the garage is pre-wired for a third air conditioner. There is a junction box in front of the vent on the ceiling that is marked as an AC circuit. Does anyone have any idea where this would terminate in the breaker panel?

Mango
My Fuzion has the same pre-wire and I've been wondering the same as well. I did notice the HVAC controller only has 2 zones referenced. Not clear to me if you install a 3rd unit, if the connection to interface that unit with the HVAC control pad is up in that pre-wire box or not, and if so will that automatically configure a 3rd zone on the control pad. All unknown information and my (albeit limited) research wasn't able to produce any answers.

xcntrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 07:36 AM   #22
Captain Mango

I'll let you know what I learn.

Mango
Captain Mango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 07:52 AM   #23
Racebug

My fuzion 417 came with 3 ac's from the factory. It will only run 2 at a time. you can choose from either the main room and the bed room or the main room and the garage. The tech told me that it will never run all 3 even when plugged into 50 amp. I cannot verify that, but I don't see how the ac management would know the difference between 30amp and 50 amp. I also noticed that there is only 2 breakers for the air conditioners. The tech couldn't explain that part to me.

2017 Fuzion 417
2018 Ram 3500 Longhorn
Racebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 09:20 AM   #24
Captain Mango

I suspected that might be the case. I'm probably going to just add a separate 30 amp plug and only worry about running the third when I'm plugged into a park pedestal.
Old 05-05-2017, 08:04 PM   #25
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
I suspected that might be the case. I'm probably going to just add a separate 30 amp plug and only worry about running the third when I'm plugged into a park pedestal.
Most park pedestals have a 100 amp capacity. The 30 amp plug is wired to one leg of the 50 amp source. So, if you plug the 50 amp trailer shore cable AND a 30 amp "accessory" plug into the same pedestal, you'll very likely blow the pedestal 50 amp circuit breaker and possibly the campground breaker for that series of pedestals.

Talk to an "RV electrician" before you wire another 30 amps into your power requirements. Chances are very good that almost all campgrounds won't have the capacity to support your power requirement.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 05:13 AM   #26
Captain Mango

Smile Install of 3rd AC Complete

Installed the third AC in the garage using the factory pre-wire. Have tested and the load controller built in to the coach works as expected. If you balance the temp on the thermostats between the bedroom and the garage, the two airs will switch back and forth automatically. Its not a perfect solution but will serve the purpose. Did find that when the garage ac is running that the fan on the bedroom ac will continue to blow, just won't let the compressor kick on. I am happy with it so far. Living in FL I tested it on a 95' humid day and kept the entire coach nice and cool. I appreciate all of the feedback. This is a great forum. First long trip coming up Friday afternoon.

Mango
Old 05-31-2017, 02:01 AM   #27
ctbruce
Site Team | Emeritus

Great that it worked for you. And thanks for posting a follow up. It will help make this easier for the next person looking for solutions.

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Impact 312
2017 Silverado 3500HD SRW
ctbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 03:22 AM   #28
xcntrk

Quote:
Installed the third AC in the garage using the factory pre-wire. Have tested and the load controller built in to the coach works as expected. If you balance the temp on the thermostats between the bedroom and the garage, the two airs will switch back and forth automatically. Its not a perfect solution but will serve the purpose. Did find that when the garage ac is running that the fan on the bedroom ac will continue to blow, just won't let the compressor kick on. I am happy with it so far. Living in FL I tested it on a 95' humid day and kept the entire coach nice and cool. I appreciate all of the feedback. This is a great forum. First long trip coming up Friday afternoon.

Mango
Great to hear you got it working!

Any idea how the 3rd unit got added to the HVAC control? Does it have to be reprogrammed or simply installing the 3rd unit will add a new "garage" zone to the controller?

xcntrk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fuzion