Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 03-28-2016, 06:13 AM   #21
cw3jason

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnJohn View Post
At nearly 68 I prefer to stop after 500 - 600 miles and will no longer go more than about 725. We stop for fuel about every 2 1/2 - 3 hours ~ all quick stops but one for lunch. At some point my wife will get on RVParky or GS Camping and call ahead to find a pull-through for the night if possible. If we don't find a CG we look for a place to pull over. For an overnight I'm not going to back in, connect any utilities, or unhitch. If we run into something of interest we may only go a short distance and stat awhile. About the only time we are locked into an arrival is the winter trip to FL so we leave a day or 3 early.
Exactly what we do. To include RVPARKY [emoji2]

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
B&W Patriot 16k fifth wheel hitch
cw3jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 08:36 AM   #22
chris199

I guess I am an odd one too. We went to Tampa/St Pete from SE PA 2 weeks ago. Did 450 to.500 miles on one day (lect.home.around 4 PM) and.over 600 on a full driving day. Did the same on return trip. I would say a full day would typically be 600 to 700 miles. DW doesnt drive when towing.

2015 Keystone Montana 3791RD Legacy Edition, MorRyde 4000, Dual pane windows, Goodyear G rated tires.

2013 GMC Sierra 3500HD, Duramax, SLE, SRW, Crew, Hensley Trailer Saver hitch, Blue Ox BedSaver.
chris199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 09:45 AM   #23
Tbos

I guess it could be our rigs that make some difference too. I've heard people with DRW and 5th wheels will forget they are towing except when looking at gas mileage and in the mirror. I'm comfortable towing but even when I'm not towing I don't like to spend 12 hours of the day in the truck.
Tbos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 09:07 AM   #24
arniez

My wife and I try to do about 400 miles per day, give or take a few if conditions warrant. My Ford truck has a 26 gallon tank and we get about 10 miles per gallon. Going the 400 miles means I only have to stop once for gas while on the road, and then again when arriving at the campground area.
arniez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 11:33 AM   #25
Charby

We drove from Bar Harbor Maine to PEIa few years ago which was about 400 miles with fuel and a lunch breaks, along with some secondary road construction, it was a the max for this guy. Traveling through New Brunswick has some steep hills and tow vehicle at the time was slow pulling up. You'll also have a 1 hour eastern Atlantic time change when crossing into Canada, which is more into the evening setup time on arrival. Its a beautiful place to visit, and with the value of the $USA, its a great choice, but don't kill yourself getting there. If you take the wrong turn on the island, it adds some time...