Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 05-03-2015, 04:16 PM   #1
skidooxman

2015 Fuzion Impact 312

Anybody have any experience with this new Impact 312 TT toy hauler from Impact? Its the 12' garage version and it is longer then the 300/301/303. My concern is the handling and bouncing, my 300 tends to bounce alot. Thanks
skidooxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 08:11 PM   #2
SndMtn_Xpress

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidooxman View Post
Anybody have any experience with this new Impact 312 TT toy hauler from Impact? Its the 12' garage version and it is longer then the 300/301/303. My concern is the handling and bouncing, my 300 tends to bounce alot. Thanks
Bounce how ? With all the trailers I tow ( Im a hot shot driver on the weekends ) I usually adjust the tires due to load obviously if you're not even close to the trailers max weight don't max out your tires like your super heavy or do you mean bounce in the truck ?? Cuz a 5th airborne will help all that I swapped my pin box in my FR stealth out to a Reese goosebox I put that sucker to 35psi and the ride is amazing and im doing the same thing to my Impact 386 im picking up on Thursday. Air ride pin boxes make towing a whole new experience

2015 Keystone Impact 386
https://i1048.photobucket.com/albums/...psmblp8rlc.jpg
SndMtn_Xpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 08:16 PM   #3
SndMtn_Xpress

Sorry im an idiot I just realized your post said travel trailer myyyyy bad

2015 Keystone Impact 386
https://i1048.photobucket.com/albums/...psmblp8rlc.jpg
SndMtn_Xpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 01:37 PM   #4
mxracer21

I have the 2016 Impact 312. No issues with towing whatsoever.
mxracer21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 02:07 AM   #5
ctbruce
Site Team | Emeritus

I have a 2016 312. I get some sway on the highway with wind. Not bad but a little unsettling compared to the Grey Wolf 26rr I moved up from. I think it's due to the heighth? I love the trailer otherwise.

I'm going to check out my WDH set up this week and see if that makes a difference.

There are not a lot if 312 owners on here. It's good to find a couple more. Happy Trails.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Impact 312
2017 Silverado 3500HD SRW
ctbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 03:06 PM   #6
Sam1286

I have a 2016 impact 312, have had issues with sway and porpoising since day one, dealer finally swapped out the original blue ox wdh they originally sold me, helped some but still not pulling well at all! I have only used the trailer a few times since purchase due to safety concerns. Pulls ok when the sxs is NOT loaded in the back, I don't have anything else in the trailer other than some camping chairs and paper plates etc.. It's to the point now where I'm about ready to get a lawyer involved, I should be able to load this trailer with a sxs and it pull perfectly fine, as long as I am not over the posted 2000 lbs, which I am not! Very dissatisfied with this trailer and Holman RV! it's my opinion that these trailers are not designed to preform the way they are advertised, all the weight is behind the axles!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Sam1286 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 07:32 PM   #7
ctbruce
Site Team | Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam1286 View Post
I have a 2016 impact 312, have had issues with sway and porpoising since day one, dealer finally swapped out the original blue ox wdh they originally sold me, helped some but still not pulling well at all! I have only used the trailer a few times since purchase due to safety concerns. Pulls ok when the sxs is NOT loaded in the back, I don't have anything else in the trailer other than some camping chairs and paper plates etc.. It's to the point now where I'm about ready to get a lawyer involved, I should be able to load this trailer with a sxs and it pull perfectly fine, as long as I am not over the posted 2000 lbs, which I am not! Very dissatisfied with this trailer and Holman RV! it's my opinion that these trailers are not designed to preform the way they are advertised, all the weight is behind the axles!

So sorry to hear of your troubles. I did the adjustment on my equilizer 4 pt hitch and it was a night and day difference. My next step is going to be to have the tires balanced and I will be happy. Just did a 4000 mile trip to Yellowstone. Everything worked great after the adjustment.

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Impact 312
Old 08-01-2016, 05:11 AM   #8
Sam1286

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctbruce View Post
So sorry to hear of your troubles. I did the adjustment on my equilizer 4 pt hitch and it was a night and day difference. My next step is going to be to have the tires balanced and I will be happy. Just did a 4000 mile trip to Yellowstone. Everything worked great after the adjustment.

So you are able to run at highway speeds without any issues? Approx how much weight in the back?

Old 08-01-2016, 05:28 AM   #9
ctbruce
Site Team | Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam1286 View Post
So you are able to run at highway speeds without any issues? Approx how much weight in the back?

I ran with my Classic LT 900, approximately 600 pounds. Had it way back to start with and had a lot of sway, so moved it farther up. This helped a lot, but did not eliminate all of the sway. After we got to Rapid City, I was able to get it into a dealer and get the hitch adjusted, problem solved. My estimate is that the weight in the back is pretty close to the weight in the front. I keep a little gas in the tank for the generator and if I run short driving. Otherwise I feel that it is pretty well balanced. The majority of the weight is over the axles ( kitchen, slide, tanks, food, etc). Have you checked your WDH settings?

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Impact 312
Old 08-01-2016, 05:44 AM   #10
Outback 325BH
Gone Traveling

1. Make sure you have enough tongue weight. Toys in the back make the tongue lighter. You should have 10% to 15% of the gross trailer weight on the tongue. Actually weigh the tongue. Most are shocked at the numbers.

2. Make sure your WD system is setup properly. Most folks I see have an undersized WD system because they underestimated their tongue weight. In addition, most I see are not tightened up enough.

3. Use an anti-sway bar -- even if your WD system has "sway control" built-in. The difference is night and day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Outback 325BH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 08:55 AM   #11
Sam1286

2015 Fuzion Impact 312

Mostly good points, which hopefully the dealer that sold me the trailer and hitch will address! I take issue with number 1 tho, if I do nothing but put a toy in the back that is below the max weight limit posted on the side wall of the garage area, and this causes too little tongue weight, then this trailer has fundamental design issues and should not be my problem to address nor the dealers, keystone should address this, and not solely for my trailer, but seeing as this is a safety concern, this matter should be addressed for every trailer they have manufactured of this model!