Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 04-20-2015, 06:06 PM   #1
Toyhauler

Atv areas in Sacramento region

Anyone know of a place within say 100 miles of Sacramento that has at least electrical hookups that you can ride? Trying to find a spot where I don't have to run the generator.
Toyhauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 11:02 PM   #2
sw342
Permanent User Ban

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyhauler View Post
Anyone know of a place within say 100 miles of Sacramento that has at least electrical hookups that you can ride? Trying to find a spot where I don't have to run the generator.
What about Hollister? Do they offer any hook ups there? Why do you need to run the generator if you are just going out for the weekend? The places we go are all boondocking if you would like to ride from your campsite. The genny only gets run if we want to use the microwave or the hair dryer.
sw342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 05:05 AM   #3
Rdowns

I have been on the same hunt.
It looks as thought from what I have found is all dry camping. All state OHV's (Hollister, Carnagie, ETC.) for the most part are NO hook ups at all, any FED forest land... same thing. Frank Reigns park down by Tracy, CA has some full hook up spots and thats about the only one that I know of and its a medium sized ohv park. The best ATV riding that I have found would be around Sac is Eldarado forest near Ice House road on HWY 50 all dry camping and some spots are rough to get in with a 40ft trailer - steeeep inclines, tight roads, one way roads, ETC.

I would like to see other peoples input of good riding/camping spots!!

We have ToyHaulers ...now lets put them to use!!! lol
Rdowns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 08:05 AM   #4
sw342
Permanent User Ban

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdowns View Post
I have been on the same hunt.
It looks as thought from what I have found is all dry camping. All state OHV's (Hollister, Carnagie, ETC.) for the most part are NO hook ups at all, any FED forest land... same thing. Frank Reigns park down by Tracy, CA has some full hook up spots and thats about the only one that I know of and its a medium sized ohv park. The best ATV riding that I have found would be around Sac is Eldarado forest near Ice House road on HWY 50 all dry camping and some spots are rough to get in with a 40ft trailer - steeeep inclines, tight roads, one way roads, ETC.

I would like to see other peoples input of good riding/camping spots!!

We have ToyHaulers ...now lets put them to use!!! lol

I agree, if you like woods riding thats the place to go. You can also take North-South road off of MET and head down to the PiPi/Caldor area for lots of riding. Coming up hwy 88 you can get into the Gold Note staging area and there is dry camping and riding right from there. I have been up there riding in the quads, but have not tried to take the trailer in there yet. Its basically a single lane up and down the mountain with pull outs.
sw342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 03:11 PM   #5
koup

Try Cisco Grove. The campground is nothing special but they have full hookups and you can ride your Atv from the campground to the trails. The trails are okay not real technical but fun and great views.
koup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 10:49 AM   #6
Rdowns

Quote:
Originally Posted by koup View Post
Try Cisco Grove. The campground is nothing special but they have full hookups and you can ride your Atv from the campground to the trails. The trails are okay not real technical but fun and great views.
Any issues getting a 38ft toy hauler in there??
Rdowns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 04:16 AM   #7
koup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdowns View Post
Any issues getting a 38ft toy hauler in there??
Plenty of room for your rig. They have both full hookups and water, electricity spots.
koup is offline   Reply With Quote