Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 03-30-2015, 08:07 AM   #1
chopeck

Raptor fueling station

Greetings to all, I have a 2006 raptor 3712. I just purchased so it is new to me. I has a fueling station which was likely used once and left with stagnant fuel which has in turn gummed up the generator. Another story for another day. What I was wondering is if there is a drain on the tank somewhere that is evading my not so eagle eye and does anyone have history with the fuel gauge not showing any readings? This too may be a victim of old fuel...

Thanks
chopeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 08:48 AM   #2
PARAPTOR
Site Team | Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopeck View Post
Greetings to all, I have a 2006 raptor 3712. I just purchased so it is new to me. I has a fueling station which was likely used once and left with stagnant fuel which has in turn gummed up the generator. Another story for another day. What I was wondering is if there is a drain on the tank somewhere that is evading my not so eagle eye and does anyone have history with the fuel gauge not showing any readings? This too may be a victim of old fuel...

Thanks
I am not aware of any tank drain for either the fuel station or the generator tank. Looks like your Raptor has a single tank shared my the fuel station and generator. There are posts out there that addressed the same if not similar issues such as generator will not start, fuel gauge does not register, etc. I suggest doing a search on fuel station, fuel gauge, generator. If I recall these posts referenced 2006 Raptors. Good Luck
Reese 20K; Carlisle Radial Trail RH/HD; TPMS (12 Tires)

Veteran

PSU (GO LIONS)
PARAPTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 08:50 AM   #3
notanlines

I just went out and laid down under our two tanks. No obvious drain that I could see. Time to use your "Arkansas credit card." Shouldn't be too hard to siphon most out anyway.
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 09:04 AM   #4
PARAPTOR
Site Team | Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by notanlines View Post
I just went out and laid down under our two tanks. No obvious drain that I could see. Time to use your "Arkansas credit card." Shouldn't be too hard to siphon most out anyway.
NOT sure if a siphon would get done any further that the fuel station pump suction ??

Veteran

PSU (GO LIONS)
Old 03-30-2015, 06:27 PM   #5
shmthaus

If you can get it empty or at least low, use some Berryman's Chemtool in a fresh tank of gas. It will help un-gum the generator. It also helps break down any carbon buildup.

2014 Raptor 412TS
2010 Ford F250 4x4
shmthaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 04:32 AM   #6
chopeck

Thanks to all for the helpful info. A little cleaning and maintenance will hopefully do the trick.

Happy travels
chopeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 07:52 PM   #7
socalhd

In the coaches with combo Gen and fuel station tank. It is my understanding the fuel station will not go past 1/4 tank so as to leave a reserve for the gen

2007 F350 Dually
2014 Fuzion FZ342
2015 Harley CVO Limited
socalhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 08:05 PM   #8
PARAPTOR
Site Team | Emeritus

I do not know the later Raptors have separate tanks. I sure hope it is designed that way. I think class A's share a single tank and the vehicle engine has priority over the on board generator. Should not be hard to test fill the shared tank at or a little over 1/4 tank and go to the pumping station and see if you can pump any out.

Veteran

PSU (GO LIONS)
Old 04-03-2015, 04:07 PM   #9
randy69

The pump might needs a rebuild kit. Mine is stuck and what I have read about the kit Its just couple of parts. The impeller is made of a rubber product and in time has a tendency to swell up and not rotate. So no pumping and can blow a power fuse. Get the model number and check internet.

2010 361lev
f350 larriet 4x4
randy69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 04:17 PM   #10
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by randy69 View Post
The pump might needs a rebuild kit. Mine is stuck and what I have read about the kit Its just couple of parts. The impeller is made of a rubber product and in time has a tendency to swell up and not rotate. So no pumping and can blow a power fuse. Get the model number and check internet.
There are several threads on the forum from last year complete with information on part numbers of replacement pump gears, how to repair and/or replace as well as which models are affected and which have been problem free. A search will find most anything you need, right here in the "toyhauler" section.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote