Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 10-12-2014, 12:18 PM   #1
slman

2015 Carbon with Bubbles in Lino

Discovered bubbles in the floor Lino, I know that the floor isn't glued down, but disconcerting that I step on a bubble like this, and one in the bathroom every time I can feel them in bare feet as I step on them.

Going in for a binding crooked door installation, and ask them what can be done about Lino floor bubbles. A needle and Glue?

What would you do, as It goes in for warranty work Tuesday?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sept. 4 2014 005.jpg
Views:	220
Size:	34.1 KB
ID:	7227   Click image for larger version

Name:	sept. 4 2014 006.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	37.3 KB
ID:	7228   Click image for larger version

Name:	sept. 4 2014 008.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	47.7 KB
ID:	7229   Click image for larger version

Name:	sept. 4 2014 009.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	48.5 KB
ID:	7230  
slman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 02:37 PM   #2
Festus2
Site Team

Bubbles in the lino would be something that I would submit as a warranty claim item and let Keystone and the dealership decide how to proceed with the repair or replacement. I would like to think that the lino or tiles should be replaced - not repaired.

Work through your dealer to get this work carried out ---- if you try to "fix it", it will probably void any possible or future warranty claim that you might have.
Old 10-12-2014, 02:53 PM   #3
slman

Heat expansion?

Thanks, If the unit I bought was built in Indiana in the cold months, and shipped to Oregon, ---then I bought it when it was sitting in the dealers lot at 108 degrees in the shade,--------Hmm, I think it may be an expansion issue, BUT STILL NOT RIGHT.
Old 10-12-2014, 03:03 PM   #4
BeaverRZR

I had the same thing in my Fuzion FZ290. Keystone basically gave me the runaround and said they wouldnt warranty it as all the kitchen cabinets would have to come out and they wouldnt authorize.

I have a great dealer in Curtis Trailers in Aloha and they offered to attempt a fix with cutting the floor and re-glueing. It was only 50/50 odds it would work and I wasnt willing to chance a disfigured floor to go along with the bubble so I just lived with it until we sold it.
Old 10-12-2014, 05:36 PM   #5
slman

I see...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeaverRZR View Post
I had the same thing in my Fuzion FZ290. Keystone basically gave me the runaround and said they wouldnt warranty it as all the kitchen cabinets would have to come out and they wouldnt authorize.

I have a great dealer in Curtis Trailers in Aloha and they offered to attempt a fix with cutting the floor and re-glueing. It was only 50/50 odds it would work and I wasnt willing to chance a disfigured floor to go along with the bubble so I just lived with it until we sold it.
Wow, pay 40,000 for a trailer, and have eyesore lapse in workmanship. I have to weight whether the bubble is worst than a 'cut and glue' job, in the most high traffic area of the trailer floor.
How much faster will the bubble wear out sticking up like that....we know the answer to that one.
Of course, there's always a court and judge to evaluate the fiscal outcome of how this is a depreciation factor.
Wait a minute, how about just throwing a rug over it,....out of sight....out of mind logic?

I'll report back after the Dealer is done with a list of warranty issues, including a binding door. More pics of issues to come.
Old 10-13-2014, 12:17 PM   #6
matty8734

My 2014 carbon is going the exact same thing! I goes to camping world in two weeks to have the lino replaced, they already tried to glue it down. It appears that the lono was cut to big for the trailer and its an issue on quite a few 2014-15 models.
matty8734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 06:56 PM   #7
slman

Unacceptable?

Quote:
Originally Posted by matty8734 View Post
My 2014 carbon is going the exact same thing! I goes to camping world in two weeks to have the lino replaced, they already tried to glue it down. It appears that the lono was cut to big for the trailer and its an issue on quite a few 2014-15 models.

So, let's keep in touch how this turns out. It's going to take one hell of a journeyman linoleum man to make those cuts around the intricate trim and cabinets. I won't say at this time I regret buying this unit, so expensive for a middle income senior to justify, but for 40k, I expect a little bit of quality, and stand behind me service. Sooooo, let's settle in for the warranty puzzle about to unfold.
Old 10-14-2014, 05:12 AM   #8
vampress_me

For what it's worth, our Cougar had to get a linoleum repair this summer when the slide tore it. Keystone wouldn't warranty tearing out the whole floor and redoing it, just warrantied a fix. So our dealer had a flooring contractor come in and do the repair. He cut out the bad section on the "grout lines" and inset a new piece. My daughter and I have both been down on the floor with a flashlight trying to find the edges of the seams by looking and feeling and we can't find them. I too was worried because it was in a high traffic part of the floor, not just off in a corner, but they did a great job.

2019 F-350 diesel 4x4 CC LB DRW, not the mom taxi anymore...
2021 Alliance Paradigm 340RL
2016 F-350 diesel 4x4 CC LB SRW, mom taxi - sold
2014 Cougar XLite 28RDB - sold
vampress_me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 09:43 AM   #9
slman

Resolved, issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by slman View Post
So, let's keep in touch how this turns out. It's going to take one hell of a journeyman linoleum man to make those cuts around the intricate trim and cabinets. I won't say at this time I regret buying this unit, so expensive for a middle income senior to justify, but for 40k, I expect a little bit of quality, and stand behind me service. Sooooo, let's settle in for the warranty puzzle about to unfold.
Well, let's report POSITIVE news too. Triple 'A' RV in Medford Oregon was my Purchased From dealer, and they have good repair craftsman, So all is good once again, and time to start heading south after Xmas to follow some sun.
Bubbles out of Lino, and Door hinge binding fixed. Good shop and Service Dept.
Old 11-29-2014, 04:38 AM   #10
notanlines

Slman, thanks for the update. Sooo many times we hear of the problems upfront and then nothing after the event takes place. And we're also glad you got some satisfaction.
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 05:30 AM   #11
matty8734

Sorry I completely forgot about this issue...I got mine back from the dealer, they didint fix the lino just added some glue to hold it down. I have no issues with it now and seems that more I walk around on it the better it is laying down.
matty8734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 10:57 AM   #12
Denver Transplant

We had the same issue with our 2015 Passport 2400BH. We had half a dozen bubbles develop throughout the interior. We took it to Windish RV and Keystone instructed them to have a floor guy come in and inject the bubbles with adhesive. Seems to have worked except for a bubble near the electrical panel and just behind the toilet my wife found it when we picked up the trailer in November, They said it might need some time to settle. So into winter storage it went.

We just looked at how the trailer weathered the winter and found that the bubble by the electrical panel was still there and found one more behind the toilet that we either missed the first time or it developed over the winter. Going back to Windish in a couple of weeks so we can get it in before the warranty expires.

So far Windish has been quite good (but slow as with all RV dealers) in addressing the half dozen or so warranty issues that have shown up. Other than the floor its been minor stuff. Refrigerator lighting intermittently (misaligned ignitor), screen door not latching, the slider cable recall, and a couple of interior trim items I would have fixed if we weren't already bringing it in.

We will see how the summer goes and I might just end up cutting the floor up and putting down something like an engineered bamboo floor if Lumber Liquidators has some on sale that isn't from China. Might be a good fall project.
Denver Transplant is offline   Reply With Quote