Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 05-28-2014, 08:40 AM   #1
Kayne1

2014 fusion 342

Anyone notice jacks on drivers side going out on angle? Also doors flying open going down road. Or is mine just a P.O.S ????
Kayne1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 10:36 AM   #2
matandjen

It sounds like you need to have your jacks adjusted. Ours were not autoleveling correctly when we first got it. You can reset it (There is a how-to on lippert's site) or you can have the dealer do it.

It also sounds like your deadblot is not aligned correctly. It happened to us as well. We thought the deadbolt was locked, but came to find out it was not actually seating itself correctly. It is a simple adjustment to fix.

Good luck
matandjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 10:39 AM   #3
ctpd814

The jacks should be leaning out on both sides. If you have the level up system, they should all be leaning out. They claim it adds to the stability.

As far as doors opening while going down the road, are you having a problem with interior or exterior doors. It is not uncommon for interior doors to open while traveling.

These units are made to flex while going down the road. This flexing can cause the doors to open.
2 Wieners Maddie and Mollie
ctpd814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 05:49 PM   #4
hoffbrew

My jacks lean outward a little, figured they were supposed to. Noticed main enterance door came open when I brought trailer home but the bar handle kept it from opening all the way. Inside door to garage wont stay shut when traveling so I keep my rolled up power cord next to it.
2009 Club Car Golf Cart
2020 Ram 3500 Dually
(Reserved for new trailer)
hoffbrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 05:13 AM   #5
sptddog

I have a 2013 and my jacks also lean out a bit. Seems to be normal, as they operate fine. I have also had the door issues with both this fuzion and my former 2010 outback. Friends with a forest river and a KZ Spree also report the same. We all dealbolt and use the hand holds folded front towards the truck to remedy that. If the deadbolt isn't grabbing at all, it can be adjusted to hold better. As others have said, the trailer flexes a lot on the road. I usually put stuff inside my inner doors to block them in case they open on the road - I don't want them swinging and banging into the walls.

Just a note....check your pantry door when you arrive and BEFORE you put the slides out. If it jostles open, and gets caught on the slide....it won't be pretty. We bought a closet door hook to put on ours to ensure it stays shut.
sptddog is offline   Reply With Quote