Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 05-17-2014, 09:15 AM   #21
canesfan

I'd be happy to come help...drink. Long drive though.
Old 05-18-2014, 07:04 PM   #22
FusionFZ371

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffbrew View Post
FusionFZ371 ..... Did you find the location of our Sub yet? I am not sure where to start. jsmith948 .. you are in my neck of the woods, grab a beer and come help me look!!!
Hey Hoffbrew,
Sorry I missed your message. We just came back from our shakedown cruise. I never found a sub nor can I confirm its existence but there is a wire coming out of the samsung soundbar that goes into the wall that comes out of a spot call sub. A setting on the remote that allows the sub to be set at +6 didn't seem to make any extra boom anywhere so I dont know maybe I don't have something set right. I will continue to mess with it in hopes of finding one. Not sure about your unit but this one doesn't have any speakers in the living room area for the stereo. Very odd. You can set the speakers for outside and listen to the ones in the wall but it sounds like they are in a tin can. LOL..

On a sidenote we discovered the generator isn't producing power. It will run but hasn't made enough juice to light a light bulb. I don't have a clue what's up with that but the wife is very unhappy as we have a trip to Sand Lake planned for this coming week and may get stuck taking a different a little 1000 watt generator. We are hoping Onan cummins in Chehalis can help us out.

On a different note man does this thing pull like a dream. I was worried the
3/4 ton wouldn't handle it because we traded the Montana in on the fusion and it was lighter but much harder to pull. This pickup handles it with ease.
2005 350 Banshee SE
FusionFZ371 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 08:16 PM   #23
hoffbrew

Look for the tread "Generator Help???" I bet we have/had same problem, simple fix on my end.
2009 Club Car Golf Cart
2020 Ram 3500 Dually
(Reserved for new trailer)
hoffbrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 08:20 PM   #24
hoffbrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by FusionFZ371 View Post
Hey Hoffbrew,
Sorry I missed your message. We just came back from our shakedown cruise. I never found a sub nor can I confirm its existence but there is a wire coming out of the samsung soundbar that goes into the wall that comes out of a spot call sub. A setting on the remote that allows the sub to be set at +6 didn't seem to make any extra boom anywhere so I dont know maybe I don't have something set right. I will continue to mess with it in hopes of finding one. Not sure about your unit but this one doesn't have any speakers in the living room area for the stereo. Very odd. You can set the speakers for outside and listen to the ones in the wall but it sounds like they are in a tin can. LOL..

On a sidenote we discovered the generator isn't producing power. It will run but hasn't made enough juice to light a light bulb. I don't have a clue what's up with that but the wife is very unhappy as we have a trip to Sand Lake planned for this coming week and may get stuck taking a different a little 1000 watt generator. We are hoping Onan cummins in Chehalis can help us out.

On a different note man does this thing pull like a dream. I was worried the
3/4 ton wouldn't handle it because we traded the Montana in on the fusion and it was lighter but much harder to pull. This pickup handles it with ease.

Not sure why keystone didn't put speakers in main room, just outside and garage. I purchased speaker coverers for the back of speakers for outside, yes sounds like crap inside rig.
2009 Club Car Golf Cart
2020 Ram 3500 Dually
Old 05-18-2014, 10:18 PM   #25
FusionFZ371

Quote:
Look for the tread "Generator Help???" I bet we have/had same problem, simple fix on my end.
Wow I really thought you were on to something when I crawled under there and pulled the cover off and saw the little switch wasn't on. You can imagine my dissapointment when I switched it on and the green light remained unlit. I started the genny and still no output The board smelled a bit like it was burnt but I couldn't see any obvious scorch marks. Gonna do some more research and see if I can figure out how to check the generator side of the transfer switch for power.

Are you vacationing in the sand somewhere ?
2005 350 Banshee SE
Old 05-19-2014, 03:01 PM   #26
FusionFZ371

While I was at the dealer for the generator I asked the guy where the subwoofer was on these units. He found it behind the vented panel toward the bedroom next to the stove. It was booming pretty good. Think he had the sub part all the way up. Sounded great.

Took th generator to the Cummins dealer who pointed the finger at the coach manufacturer because it would start but wouldn't output power. 70 miles later we were at the dealer and found out it has a weak breaker. If you clicked it on enough times (6 or 7 ) it would finally catch hold and work. Goofy . We will be using it as is until after the big weekend. Happy camping !!
2005 350 Banshee SE
Old 05-19-2014, 06:55 PM   #27
hoffbrew

Ah ha... behind that... I will be heading out to check, thanks.

Gen: didnt dealer just replace breaker??
2009 Club Car Golf Cart
2020 Ram 3500 Dually
Old 05-19-2014, 07:48 PM   #28
FusionFZ371

They told me Keystone would not allow them to work on the generator's. They have an official "Authorized" tech from Onan Cummins that will have to do that. Funny thing is that when I got home and tried it and it started and was working without incident. Maybe it fixed itself
2005 350 Banshee SE
Old 05-26-2014, 03:59 PM   #29
Sandi587

Quote:
Not sure why keystone didn't put speakers in main room, just outside and garage. I purchased speaker coverers for the back of speakers for outside, yes sounds like crap inside rig.
We're on our shakedown cruise. Wh too have no indoor speakers, just the samsung soundbar system. I found that the soundbar is connected to the stereo. Had to fiddle with the soundbar remote and change the source. For me, the AUX on the soundbar was the radio. Now it plays in the living space.

I found the sub woofer in the compartment in the storage area. Had to take off the plastic cover to locate it. It was on, but was turned off on both the soundbar and stereo remotes. Once turned on at both places it's working now.

2013 Dodge Ram Dually
2014 Fuzion 404 Chrome
Sandi587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 03:41 PM   #30
hoffbrew

Yes, found it in kitchen area. Sound bar and sub do a good job for living space, had to mess with all the adjustments but got it work, took about 3 beers to getr done and 2 more reclining and listening! A/C's work fantastic as well.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	92.9 KB
ID:	6135  
2009 Club Car Golf Cart
2020 Ram 3500 Dually
Old 06-03-2014, 06:52 AM   #31
Thatsgre8t

Behind Fireplace

On my FZ 342, it is located behind the fireplace. Removed the white plastic cover in the storage compartment and it was right up against the fireplace facing the drivers side wall. Adjusted the sub to +6 and still nothing. Adjusted the fade and balance and got it working.
Thatsgre8t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 11:18 AM   #32
ri_truck_guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FusionFZ371 View Post
Not sure about your unit but this one doesn't have any speakers in the living room area for the stereo. Very odd. You can set the speakers for outside and listen to the ones in the wall but it sounds like they are in a tin can.
Hi folks. I'm new to the forum. I actually found the forum when this thread came up in a Google search for information on the 371 sub. Unfortunately, I was searching because my 371 got broken into a robbed about 3 weeks after we took delivery. They got the main TV and the stereo head unit, and caused a bunch of damage in the process. But it's what I found this weekend taking inventory of what they left that I want to share.

I too was confused about the lack of speakers in the main living section of the RV. Since I have to replace the head unit, I was looking for a way to add speakers as well. While doing this, I thought to look at the soundbar and see if that had any additional wired-in capability. Unfortunately is does not. But what I did find is that it's Bluetooth capable. And when I paired the iPhone to the soundbar it sounded great, complete with really nice bass from the sub.

Given that, I really wonder why Keystone didn't install a Bluetooth capable head unit in the vehicle. I honestly couldn't stand that junk Sony unit they did install and wanted to eventually replace that anyway (the Sony that came stock with mine costs a whopping $42 to replace new). So I'm going to replace it with an RV specific unit with Bluetooth streaming speaker outputs. I'm hoping the next knuckle dragger that breaks in won't have a market for an RV specific unit (but I'll have the knuckle dragger's picture and a notification next time someone breaks in). I'll let you know how it all turns out, but I'm expecting it's going to be a simple solution to the interior speaker problem.
2010 Harley Davidson Ultra Limited 103 CI
Everyone has issues...some people's are just more interesting."
ri_truck_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 03:52 PM   #33
ri_truck_guy

I spent a little bit more time with the 371 wiring this afternoon. It looks like your stereo is hard-wired to work through the aux input on the soundbar. They change from a double RCA cable out of the back of the head unit to 3.5mm aux cable inside the wall, so it's tough to find and trace. I don't have a stereo to check this with at the moment, but try turning your stereo on and setting the soundbar to aux and let me know what happens. I'm thinking this will solve the inside speaker issue for the 371 owners.
2010 Harley Davidson Ultra Limited 103 CI
Everyone has issues...some people's are just more interesting."
ri_truck_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 06:51 AM   #34
Platinum 6.7

Found mine purely be accident noticed the stairway to master bed vibrating turns out sub is under them and wasn't tuned up enough for my ears anyway FZ 390 chrome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Platinum 6.7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 03:34 PM   #35
beemerguy

I have a 2015 Fuzion 371 and looked for the Subwoofer. It wasn't in the kitchen area or under the stairs, mind was behind the Hot Water Heater. Can almost hear it when I put my ear up to the grate in the kitchen. Had to link it to the SoundBar by operating the ID SET button on the Subwoofer. I hooked up my Soundbar Optical In jack to my TV Optical Out jack. The Aux In jack was wired to the Radio.

ron
1974 VW Thing
beemerguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 10:59 PM   #36
CJW8

Look for slots cut in the stair risers. That is a clue. Mine is located in an enclosed space between the aft bulkhead of the pass through storage and the stairs. Rig is a Raptor 332TS.
CJW8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 11:14 AM   #37
skidooxman

Picked up my 2016 Fuzion Chrome 345, and someone forgot to plug in the sub. I unscrewed the storage compartment wall (6screws) and there it was , strapped to the floor unplugged. In order to plug it in, the electric fireplace needs to be removed. Real quick process but I would check yours if it's not thumping. All sound bars have a wireless sub. Thanks!
skidooxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 05:52 AM   #38
adobronut

Hi Everyone
This is such an awesome forum just to let the moderators know by the way. Anyhow just to give another bit of information on this subject, I went home to my 2014 FZ371 and investigated all what was written here to find everything true with the sound bar and sub woofer. So if anyone is still having trouble mine was also inputted into the AUX of the sound bar....Now here is the issue that made me pull what is left of my little hair out. On the stereo if you go into the SOUND part of the menu then go to LPT and MAKE SURE THIS IS "OFF"..not 80hz or anything....OFF.... This is what was causing me to get no sound (well so little I could barely hear anything) and once I put that to OFF my sound lit up like a Christmas tree out of the Sound Bar and sub woofer.
adobronut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 12:14 PM   #39
suddensam

Quote:
Originally Posted by adobronut View Post
Hi Everyone
This is such an awesome forum just to let the moderators know by the way. Anyhow just to give another bit of information on this subject, I went home to my 2014 FZ371 and investigated all what was written here to find everything true with the sound bar and sub woofer. So if anyone is still having trouble mine was also inputted into the AUX of the sound bar....Now here is the issue that made me pull what is left of my little hair out. On the stereo if you go into the SOUND part of the menu then go to LPT and MAKE SURE THIS IS "OFF"..not 80hz or anything....OFF.... This is what was causing me to get no sound (well so little I could barely hear anything) and once I put that to OFF my sound lit up like a Christmas tree out of the Sound Bar and sub woofer.
Thanks for sharing, I'll have to check for that setting in the Sony stereo that is in my 2015 Raptor 332TS. I also have to have both the volume on the sound bar and stereo very high to hear anything reasonable out of the sound bar. One other thing I found is that the "red" RCA conductor on the cable was bad between the back of the stereo and sound bar. I switched out a different cable and at least get both L and R channels but it still requires the volume to be turned up to near max on the sound bar and 20+ on the stereo. 20+ on the stereo is pretty load on the outside and garage speakers.
Old 06-30-2015, 08:25 PM   #40
Alpine

I have never seen my sub-woofer...but it sure sounds great! "They" told me it is built in behind the fireplace! It came from the factory with a Samsung surround sound system, two front speakers, center channel, two rear speakers and the sub-woofer.

We've been fulltiming for two years and could count on one hand how many movies we have watched. Seems like there is so much to see "outside" that we don't spent time in front of the TV.

Jeff & Jan - Retired & Full-timing since 2013
2019 Ram Big Horn 3500 Aisin 4x4
2012 Alpine 3450-RL
Double Coin 235/75R-17.5/16 J rated 125lb
Alpine is offline   Reply With Quote