Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 12-18-2010, 09:20 PM   #1
Bill Ruddell

blueprints for Laredo 5th wheel

Keystone is closed until Monday and I'd really like to hear if anyone has ever requested AND received a blueprint showing where the aluminum framing members are in the coach sidewall?

I want to make an additional access hatch and don't want to cut "blind" into wires or structural supports. My unit is a 2008 Laredo 315 RLS. Thank you in advance for your help.
Bill Ruddell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 11:10 PM   #2
Festus2
Site Team

Bill:
With regard to locating the aluminum studs......... I have found that during the morning on a cold and frosty, clear day, I can see "lines" running down the fiberglass sides if I stand in certain position and look along the sidewalls. I am assuming that these "lines" are the aluminum studs and that they are caused by the difference in temperature of the metal and fiberglass. This, of course, is just speculation but they are pretty much evenly spaced so I am left to conclude that they are stud "lines".
I know this won't help much with the location of electrical wires but it is worth giving it a try if you live in a location where you wake up to frost.
Old 12-19-2010, 06:38 AM   #3
Flyguy

Bill, knowing how things like this have gone in the past with Keystone I would say that the chances of Keystone sharing that kind of info (if they even have it) with anyone other than dealers is slim to none and slim just left town! I would try a stud finder if it would work on aluminum. Keystone probably uses a jig to weld up the side walls and the only blueprint would be for the jig. That would be my guess.
Timbrens
Flyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 06:12 AM   #4
rwm1313

The morning trick works.

In the morning when the sun hits the trailer you will see the studs, the aluminum temp changes slower then the foam and condensation will show where the framing is.
rwm1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 07:48 PM   #5
K&Gs3400RL

I requested and received e-mail drawings of our first Cougar 5th wheel we had from Keystone, But for the life of me I cant remember why I needed them.

Our New 3400RL 9/17/11

K and G's 3400 RL
2004 Ram 3500
And 5 dogs, Dusty, Sassy, Jasmine, MoJo and Scooter
K&Gs3400RL is offline   Reply With Quote