Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 09-20-2017, 10:58 AM   #1
Jonas

Bullet 1900RD from a popup from a class A

My wife and I had a class A coach but we like to go WAY down the national seashore near Corpus Christi, Texas and decided we needed something more off-road capable. So we bought a 2017 popup and absolutely loved it. But... then we figured out that we wanted to be more mobile so that we could move from one fishing spot to another more easily. Back to the drawing board we went.
Behold!.. our new Keystone Bullet 1900RD. The wife likes how nice and open the rear dinette area feels with all the windows. I like how I don't have to pack it up or down in bad weather. Just throw the kayaks, gear and generator in the truck and go!
I'm not much for lettering all over my RV so the first thing I did was de-badge it of all of the logos. I'm considering adding a round portal window to the front.

2017 Keystone Bullet 1900RD

Our previous camper... which we loved but didn't love moving
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 01:24 PM   #2
bill-e

Congrats! Nice camper. Love the windows.

2015 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel
2015 Cougar 26RBI
bill-e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 02:25 PM   #3
kfxgreenie

If your thinking of your portal window on the front cap, I personally would re-think that. That cap "build, structure, design" has had quite a few threads and post over the years for delamination and the last thing that I would want would be another possible water intrusion point. Doesn't seem like it takes much moisture in between the layers to get the "ugly" delamination look.
kfxgreenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 02:28 PM   #4
the sodfather

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas View Post
My wife and I had a class A coach but we like to go WAY down the national seashore near Corpus Christi, Texas and decided we needed something more off-road capable. So we bought a 2017 popup and absolutely loved it. But... then we figured out that we wanted to be more mobile so that we could move from one fishing spot to another more easily. Back to the drawing board we went.
Behold!.. our new Keystone Bullet 1900RD. The wife likes how nice and open the rear dinette area feels with all the windows. I like how I don't have to pack it up or down in bad weather. Just throw the kayaks, gear and generator in the truck and go!
I'm not much for lettering all over my RV so the first thing I did was de-badge it of all of the logos. I'm considering adding a round portal window to the front.
We went from a pop-up to a Bullet. We love it for the same reasons you do. Oh, and nice Blazer too!
Old 09-20-2017, 02:37 PM   #5
bill-e

Quote:
Originally Posted by the sodfather View Post
We went from a pop-up to a Bullet. We love it for the same reasons you do. Oh, and nice Blazer too!
And you don't have to set it up once you get home to dry it out

2015 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel
2015 Cougar 26RBI
bill-e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 02:57 PM   #6
Mandolin

We have the same large rear dinette (which I LOVE) and I took the cushions to an upholsterer and had much better, much firmer foam put in them. The spouse is 6' and about 140 lbs and HE hit bottom after sitting in the dinette for an hour or so.
Mandolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 04:29 AM   #7
Jonas

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfxgreenie View Post
If your thinking of your portal window on the front cap, I personally would re-think that. That cap "build, structure, design" has had quite a few threads and post over the years for delamination and the last thing that I would want would be another possible water intrusion point. Doesn't seem like it takes much moisture in between the layers to get the "ugly" delamination look.
Thanks for the heads up on that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by the sodfather View Post
Oh, and nice Blazer too!
I've had at least a dozen 4X4 K5's over the last 30 years. We just sold that one because my wife wanted something older. She likes "old iron" when it comes to vehicles. We are currently pulling our Bullet (we call it the Mullet) with our 2016 F150 4X4.
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 08:30 AM   #8
Carrottop

Funny, we downsized from a 36' Class A Bunkhouse to a 2017 Passport 217exp. The dealer warned us that going from a class a to a hybrid would be a big change and we should really think about it before committing. We took the plunge as our kids are no longer little and did not want to sleep in small bunks. Our hybrid has three queen beds and the family loved the camping season this year. Yes there is more setup than the class a. but I love to tinker around the campsite and don't mind the extra setup.
I am glad to hear I am not the only one who made that switch. I always get people giving me the are you crazy look when I tell them I downsized.
Carrottop is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bullet