Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 07-31-2017, 01:09 PM   #1
jamcbride

Screen door replacement

Bought our 2016 2670BH in June and love. We bought it used and it was missing the screen door. I looked online for a replacement but not having luck. Suggestions?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530AZ using Tapatalk
Old 07-31-2017, 01:29 PM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

The screen door is a part of the entry door assembly. I'm not aware of any parts store that sells the screen door separately. Passport used two sizes during the 2016 year run. The smaller was 22x72 and the larger was 26x72. Trekwood sells the entire assembly in both sizes and in several colors. http://www.trekwood.com/products/515...s-10-Lbs-Strut

You might give them a call to see if they might have access to just a part of the entire assembly. You might also check the listing of RV suppliers and parts listing on the forum: http://www.keystoneforums.com/forums...ad.php?t=12986

If you can find a RV service center that is working on a damaged trailer, they may have a screen door laying around from a job where they replaced the entire assembly because of other damage. I know that's more a "pig in a poke" kind of possibility, but other than just being lucky, you're probably going to have to buy the entire entrance door assembly.

An alternative, at least to get you by in the interim is one of the "fabric hanging curtain screen doors, the kind with a row of magnets that close behind you as you walk through the door. We have one on our trailer and use it as the screen because I've installed lexan in the screen door to convert it to a "storm door" so we can leave it open and still have A/C inside.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 02:06 PM   #3
Pull Toy

Unless you need secure child or pet containment, you might consider a "Pass-thru" screen door. I can't think of a name brand right now, but I'm sure someone will chip in...

It consists of a series of magnetically joined screen strips, that hang in the opening, and is highly customizable. There are no hinges, you mount it at the top, and sides. When you push your way thru, the magnets separate, then re-seal behind you.

Just a thought.

Good Luck,

Pull Toy

Steve & Jan, Ava & Emma (Mini Schnauzers):
2016 F350 Lariat 4X4 Powerstroke CC/SB "PULLTOY V"
2013 Alpine 3535RE "MAGIC CARPET IV"
Proud Navy Vet!
Pull Toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 04:27 PM   #4
Johnny's Journey

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamcbride View Post
I looked online for a replacement but not having luck. Suggestions?
Quick question first. Are the hinges still there ? If yes just fill in the blanks as asked here > http://www.all-rite.com/entry-doors/...te-screen-door If hinges are not there shoot us a picture of your door hinges please for possible further assistance.
Johnny's Journey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 06:05 AM   #5
Vwsnoopy

The link is broken. I need a replacement screen door as well and have the hinges
Vwsnoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 06:34 AM   #6
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vwsnoopy View Post
The link is broken. I need a replacement screen door as well and have the hinges
You might want to start a new thread and provide more information about what you're looking for, what you need and what you have....

The thread you posted in is now 3+ years old, the OP has not been on the forum for about 8 months and the member who provided the link (3 years old) has not been on the forum since shortly after posting the link.

Additionally, the link itself, is that same 3 years old. Even the most "stable internet companies" have multiple links that change on a regular basis as the company's inventory changes.

So, what are you looking for? Please be as specific as you can.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Old 05-05-2020, 06:44 AM   #7
Vwsnoopy

I moved on to a property with an Aerolite 5th wheel camper. The door is there but the screen door is missing. They left the 3 hinges

I’m hoping to find a used option rather than spend $500 on a new door / screen door combo.

I have no idea where to find the year of the camper
Vwsnoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 06:47 AM   #8
gregrc75

Check out this option. I have a similar one on my house and its great. Also, I have plexiglass in my RV screendoor now. With this option it would allow me a screen door, Plexiglas "storm door", and a regular door.

https://rollinontv.com/installing-a-...e-screen-door/

Greg
2022 Cougar 25RDS
2024 GMC Sierra 2500HD gas
Fairhaven, MA
gregrc75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 06:52 AM   #9
JRTJH
Site Team

There are far too many styles of screen doors used in trailers to even begin. They range from 22" wide to 32" wide, from 72" tall to 78" tall, some with square tops, some with rounded tops, the radius corners have changed many times over the years, so finding the door to fit your trailer, even if you do replace the entire door/screen assembly will not be an easy task.

You should find a VIN tag on the front street side of the trailer. It will have the trailer GVW, tire information and loading information. The VIN is located on that tag. If you contact Keystone/Dutchman customer service, they can give you specifics about your trailer. The VIN will provide them with the information they need to give you the model number, the year of manufacture, and specifics about equipment provided on that particular trailer.

Without knowing much more information about your trailer, trying to guess "which screen door fits" is impossible. They are not "generic, one size fits all". Each brand, sometimes each model, uses a different size and/or shape of door assembly and all the screen doors are "fitted to the outer door, so the variety of styles, sizes and shapes is tremendous.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Old 05-05-2020, 09:19 AM   #10
notanlines

This one works, but I don't know if they have what you want/need.
https://www.all-rite.com/catalogsear...q=screen+doors
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000
notanlines is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
screen door