Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 11-26-2011, 10:44 PM   #1
VirtualMe

2004 Sprinter Underbelly

Folks,

I am wanting to install a siphon line to aid in winterizing / sanitizing / etc... Can anyone tell me if there is an access point for the water pump on a 2004 sprinter? I have looked all over in the trailer and can't find anything likely. I can't imagine I would have to take all of the insulation from under the trailer, but it seems as though that may be my only option.
2004 Sprinter 297FWBHS
2006 Ford F250 (6.0 Powerstroke Diesel)
VirtualMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 07:38 AM   #2
Jim W

I believe if you know where the fresh water (City) line is than the pump should be about three or four feet away. You can also turn on the pump and listen for the pump to run; this should give you an area to search in for the pump location.

On my 5er the pump is located in the basement area behind two panels that need to be removed to gain access to the pump. I have seen other TT and 5er's where the pump has been located behind drawers, cabinet walls and such. In order to get access to the pump you need to remove screws and lift the panels/drawers out of the way.
Jim W.
Jim W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 08:26 AM   #3
Mark and Bev

Gerry,
In our Cougar, the pump is located under the refrigerator. I took out that panel and a couple of drawers to make enough room to work in there. Good luck.
Mark
Mark and Bev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 06:50 PM   #4
jol

Water Pump

I have a 2004 Sprinter 262FWRLS and the water pump on it is next to the rear sofa behind a panel on the left side by the water fill. Had to remove panel to get access to it.
Old 11-27-2011, 07:10 PM   #5
SteveC7010

Water pumps in TT's and 5'ers's are almost always inside the coach, usually on the floor, in a cabinet or similar location.

There may be a panel that will need to be removed, but it will almost certainly be held in place with just a couple of screws.

In my old Sunline, the water pump was under the FlexSteel couch, and was reachable by lifting up the seat portion.

On the new Cougar, the water pump is actually in a cabinet behind the hot water heater. The hot water heater is easily accessed from the kitchen by just opening a lower cabinet door. However, the water pump is reached by removing a single panel behind the city water connection in the basement of the fiver. Once that panel is removed, there is nearly unlimited access to the water pump and siphon valve and connection.

There have been several other threads recently with other folks having the same problem accessing their water pumps for winterizing. In all cases, the pump ends up being fairly easy to reach. You may have to remove a drawer. There may be a removable panel in the bottom of one of the kitchen cabinets.

My point is that it is 99.9% guaranteed to be accessible. You just have to figure out exactly where it is, and from there it should not too tough to find the access.

'11 Cougar 326MKS loaded with mods
'12 Ford F250 SuperCab 6.7 PowerStroke Diesel
Amateur Radio: KD2IAT (146.520) GMRS: WQPG808 (462.675 TPL 141.3)
SteveC7010 is offline   Reply With Quote