Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 02-22-2015, 09:26 AM   #1
ChrisM

FZ371 - Porch side slide topper

I saw another post about a 395 and the factory awning frames being so close to the slide out as to prevent a slide topper from being installed. 371 has the same problem. There was a reply mentioning other threads but no link. Anybody have a link or experience about this?
Old 02-23-2015, 06:23 AM   #2
gilpinbrewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisM View Post
I saw another post about a 395 and the factory awning frames being so close to the slide out as to prevent a slide topper from being installed. 371 has the same problem. There was a reply mentioning other threads but no link. Anybody have a link or experience about this?
Hey Chris,

I have a 371 and have been wanting to get a full set of Slide Awnings for the rig. I Talked with Carefree of Colorado and send them lots of pictures and measurements. Here is what they came up with. These part numbers are for the SOKIII awning with the full case:

"Bedroom slide : UP093XXJV ( the XX will be the of your choice).

Kitchen Slide : UP077XXJV ( the XX will be the fabric of your choice)

Main Slide this being custom size so you would not be able to create on our configurator just use the same code for fabric on the XX : UP098XXJV"

I ordered the White vinyl fabric which is code "00" and the case and hardware color is black to match the rest of the trailer. You can get it in white if you wish.

I shopped these around at many places and ShadePro out of CA had the best prices.

Steve
Old 02-23-2015, 06:43 AM   #3
ChrisM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilpinbrewer View Post
Hey Chris,

I have a 371 and have been wanting to get a full set of Slide Awnings for the rig. I Talked with Carefree of Colorado and send them lots of pictures and measurements. Here is what they came up with. These part numbers are for the SOKIII awning with the full case:

"Bedroom slide : UP093XXJV ( the XX will be the of your choice).

Kitchen Slide : UP077XXJV ( the XX will be the fabric of your choice)

Main Slide this being custom size so you would not be able to create on our configurator just use the same code for fabric on the XX : UP098XXJV"

I ordered the White vinyl fabric which is code "00" and the case and hardware color is black to match the rest of the trailer. You can get it in white if you wish.

I shopped these around at many places and ShadePro out of CA had the best prices.

Steve
I had ordered the 77, 93 and 109 to have them ready to install once the weather improves a bit here and began to notice how close the awning frames are to the main slide and then it hit me.... This will likely be an expensive mistake but maybe I can sell the 109 on the forums to someone local. Do you already have your special order 98? How long did it take? I assume you had to call ShadePro and explain the circumstance to get the order done.

Thanks
Chris
Old 02-23-2015, 06:50 AM   #4
gilpinbrewer

Yeah the 109 will be too long to fit right. The UP098 has a 102" fabric and 107" overall length. I just emailed Shadepro and told them what part numbers I wanted and they gave me a quote. I then called them to order. I just did this on Friday and the turnaround time is only a few days even for custom lengths from Carefree and I work across the highway from them so I can just go pick them up. Also, there is a potential fitment issue on the kitchen slide. The SOKIII has smaller brackets and will just fit up in the corner where the fridge vent is. Other awnings I looked at had larger brackets that would not fit right.
Old 02-23-2015, 06:56 AM   #5
ChrisM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilpinbrewer View Post
Yeah the 109 will be too long to fit right. The UP098 has a 102" fabric and 107" overall length. I just emailed Shadepro and told them what part numbers I wanted and they gave me a quote. I then called them to order. I just did this on Friday and the turnaround time is only a few days even for custom lengths from Carefree and I work across the highway from them so I can just go pick them up. Also, there is a potential fitment issue on the kitchen slide. The SOKIII has smaller brackets and will just fit up in the corner where the fridge vent is. Other awnings I looked at had larger brackets that would not fit right.
You answered my next question before I asked it with regards to slide room size and fabric width of the 98. Glad I went with Carefree because I would have found out about the kitchen slide bracket issue the hard way again.

Cheers
Old 02-23-2015, 06:59 AM   #6
gilpinbrewer

Also for anyone else that is reading this and has a 371 here is a bit more info:

The Bedroom Slide has a flange width of 97" and a slide roof width of 90"

The Kitchen Slide has a flange width of 79" and slide roof width of 72"

The Main Slide has a flange width of 109" and roof width of 102"

Carefree SOKIII Part numbers needed. 00 is for white vinyl fabric. Also the hardware and case color is black.

Bedroom slide : UP093XXJV ( the XX will be the of your choice). (Fabric Width of 97")

Kitchen Slide : UP077XXJV ( the XX will be the fabric of your choice) (Fabric Width of 81")

Main Slide this is a custom size : UP098XXJV (Fabric width of 102", overall length 107-109")
Old 02-23-2015, 07:19 AM   #7
gilpinbrewer

Some pictures of the clearances
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	left side.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	60.2 KB
ID:	7902   Click image for larger version

Name:	left side 2.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	44.4 KB
ID:	7903   Click image for larger version

Name:	right side.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	70.2 KB
ID:	7904   Click image for larger version

Name:	right side 2.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	44.6 KB
ID:	7905   Click image for larger version

Name:	kitchen.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	53.6 KB
ID:	7906  

Old 02-23-2015, 07:20 AM   #8
gilpinbrewer

SOKIII Bracket Measurement.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bracket.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	33.6 KB
ID:	7907  
Old 12-31-2016, 06:52 AM   #9
Toy boy

I want to put the toppers on mine, do you have pics. With them done so I can see what they look like, would love to see thanks
Toy boy is offline   Reply With Quote