Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 09-20-2011, 10:42 AM   #21
JRTJH
Site Team

Let's hope you get the proper parts... I'd almost bet you get the plastic inserts for the next size bigger and they won't go into the square tube in your trailer... My DW "jumps on me" about thinking that way every time I get a committment from Customer Service. Through the years, I've grown to work with the belief, "if you don't own it, you don't control it" and "a Promise is only as good as the hand you have around their neck"

What, no noose??? No hand??? No part???

My oh my Let's think positive. I hope you get your parts, If not, then probably a piece of foam (maybe from one of those stress reliever balls) would probalby work to take up the slack.

The sad part is: Customer service thinks they did a really GOOD job helping you...

Best of luck to ya !!!!!

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 05:15 AM   #22
Firestorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
Let's hope you get the proper parts... I'd almost bet you get the plastic inserts for the next size bigger and they won't go into the square tube in your trailer... My DW "jumps on me" about thinking that way every time I get a committment from Customer Service. Through the years, I've grown to work with the belief, "if you don't own it, you don't control it" and "a Promise is only as good as the hand you have around their neck"

What, no noose??? No hand??? No part???

My oh my Let's think positive. I hope you get your parts, If not, then probably a piece of foam (maybe from one of those stress reliever balls) would probalby work to take up the slack.

The sad part is: Customer service thinks they did a really GOOD job helping you...

Best of luck to ya !!!!!
Hey parts came, I think your right,Its a black piece looks round not square God do I really want to go threw all that waiting on hold again with there company, , bolts look good , two lengths
Thanks
Firestorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 08:39 AM   #23
Firestorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firestorm View Post
Gear Box Stop with Screw
View Enlarged Image
Gear Box Stop with Screw
Gear Box Stop with Screw In Stock -- Expected to ship Tuesday, September 27
Price: $2.54
Add To Cart
Ship To:
SKU: 045-157516
Old 09-25-2011, 08:49 AM   #24
JRTJH
Site Team

I'm trying to come up with something you could use to make your own inserts. Really, all they do is stop the square drive tube from banging around when it drives the round drive shaft. I think that if you have a piece of 2x2 pine, drill a hole the right size in the middle, then use a band saw to cut the square part to size (a little smaller than the inside of the square drive tube) you could make your own inserts (originally call a buffer for some reason) and not have to deal with the phone calls any longer.

Just a thought, If I come up with something more durable or easier to make, I'll post the idea.

Anyone else have suggestions?

OHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! Just a thought, have you looked deep inside the square tube? You may have just pushed it in further when you were working around the area replacing the drive pin.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Old 09-25-2011, 09:21 AM   #25
Firestorm

Thanks
I have a part, not sure if will fit anyway, part 42 is what they sent me
http://www.atwoodmobile.com/manuals/...%203.14.08.pdf
will this work, they sent 1 sheet metal screw, it fits the pre drilled hole, they also sent two diff length machine screws and nuts
I will try to install this weekend, last trip planned for season
Thx
Bob
Old 09-25-2011, 02:02 PM   #26
JRTJH
Site Team

It should work. But if I were you, I don't think I'd take it apart in the campground. If it's working now and you are mobile, I'd use it like it is until you have the trailer somewhere you can leave it if things go wrong. I wouldn't do it in a campground where you will have problems hitching or have to pay to leave it until you can get the right part.

This isn't "rocket science" I am sure you can get it working, just suggesting caution by not doing it somewhere that you can't leave the trailer if you mess something up.

Good luck,

John

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Old 09-25-2011, 02:31 PM   #27
Firestorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
It should work. But if I were you, I don't think I'd take it apart in the campground. If it's working now and you are mobile, I'd use it like it is until you have the trailer somewhere you can leave it if things go wrong. I wouldn't do it in a campground where you will have problems hitching or have to pay to leave it until you can get the right part.

This isn't "rocket science" I am sure you can get it working, just suggesting caution by not doing it somewhere that you can't leave the trailer if you mess something up.

Good luck,

John
Thanks makes sense to me, Ive been there many times ( why did I have to mess with it now) all I have to do before I drop undo bolt ,pull square tube away from motor drive, see if that plastic fitting works and fits , put bolt back in and see if it moves ok, but like you say//// I will probable wait till i park it back home, it works great now, except for a little loose play , its tight when there's weight on it of course
Thanks for your help
Take care
Old 10-02-2011, 01:19 PM   #28
Firestorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firestorm View Post
Thanks makes sense to me, Ive been there many times ( why did I have to mess with it now) all I have to do before I drop undo bolt ,pull square tube away from motor drive, see if that plastic fitting works and fits , put bolt back in and see if it moves ok, but like you say//// I will probable wait till i park it back home, it works great now, except for a little loose play , its tight when there's weight on it of course
Thanks for your help
Take care
Shoot, wrong part, It looks like it might fit on the awning side tube at the jack, that tube is 1", the one i need it to fit on is 3/4" that slides in the 1' tube to the motor gear, oh well, either try again or live with it the way it is , I really hate to wait on hold for lippert again, dealer wont help me none