Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 03-29-2014, 07:35 AM   #1
Sadlerb_98

21012 Raptor 30FS coupler height

I go pick up the trailer in a couple of weeks. I am purchasing an equalizer hitch setup with 4way sway control. Does anyone know the coupler height on this model? I want to ensure I have the right shank.

Thx
Bobby
Sadlerb_98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 10:20 AM   #2
Big Boy w/ Big Toys

I will get out and measure mine. I think I set mine at 25" or 26" empty and then it settles to 24" fully loaded...U are getting this setup>>>>http://www.etrailer.com/Weight-Distr...EQ37141ET.html

I love this setup. I never use the tool that comes with the setup to load the bars. Easiest way is to attach the trailer to the ball, lock it on, raise the jack again and you will see the bars go right in place with little to no effort. Lower the the tongue jack and you are all set to go.

Only bad thing I found with the trailer is it's nose heavy with no toys in the garage. So generally run with little or no water when the garage is empty.

If you have a 2.5 inch hitch then make sure you get the 2.5 stinger and not use the cheap reducer. After a while it gets real noisy.

I have run from Ak to Az and back to Ak, twice with mine and been thru some of the worst crosswinds and hard gusts that you see crossing British Columbia, Manitoba, Mt, Ut, Wy and Co and barely a wiggle. I even let my 16 year old daughter drive a couple thousand miles with it. Only had to yell at her once and that was because she was blowing motor homes off the road when we pass from the bow wake off the nose of the trailer. She was running posted speed into a very hard stiff wind running north in Utah. Fuel mileage average that day was way down

I don't think I would ever tow a a trailer with out a V Nose.
Big Boy w/ Big Toys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 02:56 PM   #3
Sadlerb_98

Thanks so much for the reply! I am glad to hear of your ease in towing the trailer. I look forward to seeing your measurement.

I had tried to order that hitch via etrailer, but they no longer sell it. As soon as I find out what shank I need I will order off of amazon.com.

thx
Bobby
Old 03-29-2014, 09:09 PM   #4
Big Boy w/ Big Toys

No load my ball height is at 25 1/2" from ground to top of ball. I am towing with F 350 and get about a 2 inch squat when loaded. I wish I could be more precise but I still have another 3 feet of snow to get melted off before I can get at the trailer and firm ground. Go to the Reese hitch site and look at their shanks. Get the heaviest one you can get.....no less then 14K GTW/1400 TW. I have the 17K GTW with 1700 TW. Shoot for overkill on your shank you won't be sorry.

http://www.etrailer.com/dept-pg-Acce...pc-Shanks.aspx
Big Boy w/ Big Toys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 05:15 AM   #5
Sadlerb_98

Thanks so much! I will get one of these on order before the end of the week. I was so glad to hear that yours tows so well.

thx
Bobby