Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 04-05-2011, 05:06 AM   #1
joseph.feucht

Question LED Lighting for Alpine 3500RE

Can's seem to find the switch that controls the LED lighting to hitch my unit in the dark. Also, has anyone experienced problems with a continual blue light blinking above the door entrance in which I can not find how to turn this light on or off. I know it is supposed to be sensored to come on automaticly when movement occurs, but I can't seem to ever get it to come on.
joseph.feucht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 05:18 AM   #2
geo

Hitch light

On the 3640RL, the switch for the hitch light is in the battery/landing gear compartment. The blue light I'm not sure about - I don't have a blue light.
Diesel 4x4, DRW, LB, CC
Comfort Ride Hitch
geo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 05:35 AM   #3
joseph.feucht

Thanks, I will look in my battery compartment box. Never thought of it, as my dealer never gave me a thorough demo when I bought the unit. Did you see the thread I posted about key blanks for the entrance doors?
joseph.feucht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 08:14 AM   #4
Just4us

Joseph,

I have the same unit as you do. The switch for the LEd lights in the pinbox area is located inside the battery compartment as another poster mentioned. The light switch is next to the main electrical cut off switch on the left side of the compartment.

I have the same issue with the blue light in above the entry door. The switch for the "porch light" is at the baseboard level on the left side of the door facing the door from inside. I have never found a way to turn off the blinking blue light. My porch light bulb has been replaced twice under warranty because it was blown when we picked it up, replaced again a few months later when the service center reportedly found a loose wire.

I also replyed to your spare key issue. See your other post for info.

Send me a PM if you want more info or I can help you in any way.

Tom
Old 04-05-2011, 10:11 AM   #5
geo

Blinkin' light

Joseph -

Yes, I saw the post on the blanks and think I might need to order a key or two.

Now, this blinking blue light . . . might be a signaling device or something. Let Vesuvians know that there are others in the RV Park or something. Maybe a tracking device required by the . . . Aren't consipiracy theories great? Are there any other models of Keystone that have a blinking blue light? Does you unit have the remote lock/unlock feature? Try pulling the 12V fuse for the Remote Door Lock, I think it is the third from the bottom on my Power Panel, and see if the blue light goes out. Maybe it's just a locator/welcome home feature?

Just guessing. However, this might be the first thing to document in a Parts Manual with pictures!

Ron
Diesel 4x4, DRW, LB, CC
Comfort Ride Hitch
Old 04-05-2011, 11:33 AM   #6
gkainz

"Attention, K-Mart shoppers. We have a blue light special in the sporting goods department for the next 18 minutes."

I don't think they do that since that goofy smiley face took over, do they?
gkainz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 06:36 PM   #7
mel07green

Joseph,

I have the same unit as you and haven't noticed a blue flashing light. The switch for the sensor light is the first of the four small switches at the bottom of the control panel (to the right of the big one that controls the fan in the living room.)

Mine works fine.

Mel
Old 04-07-2011, 09:09 AM   #8
LI Happy amper

Blue light

Here is what to do about the blue light. It is a motion sensor that only works at night. The switch on the bottom inside the door controls it. Flip the switch on and the outside light goes on. Do the same thing 3x in a row (on,off & on) it puts the outside light on motion sensor and the blue light blinks. Whn you approach the unit the light will go on. I use this alot at campgrounds for people who like to cut through campsites at night freaks them out.
LI Happy amper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 06:43 PM   #9
geo

I do have a blinkin' blue light!

I'm here to bare my soul and beg forgiveness. Been doin' a lot of that lately!

Thank you to Lil' Happy Amper! You are entirely correct. That is how to turn on the proximity sensors on the outdoor light. Works great and I now have a blinking blue light. So, why didn't Keystone have this in their generic Owner's Manual? And the dealers probably don't know this because I haven't seen anyone say they were told this in the PDI.

And, thanks to one member of the Forum, we now all know how to turn our blinking blue light on and off! Thank you very much, Lil' Happy Amper!

Ron
Diesel 4x4, DRW, LB, CC
Comfort Ride Hitch
Old 04-13-2011, 06:08 AM   #10
mikell

See if this helps this is my brand anyway

http://www.starlightsinc.com/shop/pc...11&idcategory=

http://www.rvprotectionproducts.com/...=1639&parent=0

http://www.starlightsinc.com/shop/pc...49&idcategory=

http://www.starlightsinc.com/shop/pc...12&idcategory=

http://www.buy.com/prod/wireless-mot...212582118.html

One of these has to be it and they have the data sheet and instructions
mikell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 06:57 AM   #11
Just4us

Thanks Mikell and LI Happy Amper for the information. Great job!

The light that I have on my Alpine 3500 is Smart Light 1000. The link below provided by Mikell allowed me to print up a copy of the operations and installation instructions(now why didn't Keystone provide that info?)

http://www.starlightsinc.com/shop/pc...11&idcategory=

The instructions really gave a lot of good information on the features of the light and how it operates (it even blinks red or green depending on the situation). I can't wait until my next trip to try it out.

Thanks to all who helped solve this mystery.

Tom
Old 04-13-2011, 08:01 AM   #12
mikell

I got lucky and found it while trying to figure mine out. I might just get a couple of the round ones to replace the ones I have. I'm full timing right now but by the time I'm using it for pleasure only I plan on having all the bulbs replaced by LED's to save juice

Also found these that I might pick up to place outside

http://www.buy.com/prod/night-lights...212582123.html
mikell is offline   Reply With Quote