Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Freeways & Byways
Click Here to Login

Old 09-04-2018, 06:03 AM   #21
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
Gentlemen,

Please..... There's enough potholes to share without being greedy.... And, if by chance you happen to run out, come to Michigan, we've got more than we need......

Now, back to our regularly scheduled programming......
I agree on the enough to go around. I get defensive when someone essentially tells me I'm lying. Apparently Ccrew has intimate knowledge of all 324.9 miles of I 81 in VA, or maybe his truck rides better than mine, or maybe he knows someone that works for the highway dept. and is defensive of that, but when someone calls me BS then I take offense. Nuff said.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 09:02 AM   #22
Ccrew

So much for taking the advice to drop it, huh?

I mean you do have a Ford, so having a better truck ain't hard
Ccrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 09:20 AM   #23
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ccrew View Post
So much for taking the advice to drop it, huh?

I mean you do have a Ford, so having a better truck ain't hard
I'm not a quitter, that's why I drive a Ford. I like to poke the bear, it's fun, and I can take a poke as well. Just having fun, or did you think I was really going to install a bull riding rope in my front seats?
Old 09-05-2018, 01:21 AM   #24
ctbruce
Site Team | Emeritus

Now if we could just get the VW Bug drivers to stay in the potholes, problem solved!

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Impact 312
2017 Silverado 3500HD SRW
ctbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 04:31 AM   #25
Dave W

I have to agree that I81 has bad traffic but also have to say that it is no worse then many others in the US these days. We travel I81 (Binghamton, NY)at least to I64 (Staunton)fairly regularly and if hauling the 5er just get in the slow (HA!) lane and let the idiots pass us by. I81 just North of Harrisburg is where I did the ultimate test last fall of the disc brakes on that 5er.

All I can say about the traffic is to get used to it. More people with more dollars to spend mean that the roads are busier then what they were designed to handle, cars and trucks carrying all that Chinese crap to your favorite store.

Locally, we have I87, Adirondack Northway. That interstate was mostly two lanes for the first 20 years of its existence. Now three from Albany to North of Lake George and it is full of cars and trucks as it is the main road from NY City to Montreal and our OSOGREAT state government feels that instead of fixing roads that all use, it's better to apply pork to 'social' projects, benefiting few (my political diatribe for the day).

Oh, and our Fords handle the bumps well
Dave W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 05:36 AM   #26
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctbruce View Post
Now if we could just get the VW Bug drivers to stay in the potholes, problem solved!
The "pizza pothole" commercial got me thinking, I know, dangerous right? So I was thinking why not make a template with free parking and an icon of a Prius (so the millennials will understand) and paint the potholes! Anybody else in?